It Starts Here..... | Vital Football

It Starts Here.....

Think Pantillimon is the most likely of the loans to be made permanent and the one I think I would be happiest with.

I do like Colback and would be happy to see him sign. Doubt Newcastle will want too much for him but his wages are the issue. If he isn’t realistic then don’t bother.

As for Tomlin he is likely to cost more than he is worth. I do quite rate him if I am honest but he can be very frustrating and he needs to show consistency and work rate to go with his ability.

If I were Tomlin I would want to stay at Cardiff, take what might well be an automatic 40% rise in wages for the whole squad and take my chances on someone getting injured or Warnock getting desperate for something different to get my chance in the PL.

It would only take one chance and one good performance and his career could be made.

Might not happen but I would take that chance ahead of pissing about in the lower championship for a season with forest for the same money as now

I see what you mean pope but I get the impression warnock doesn’t fancy him at all so. It depends on his motivation.

I see what you mean pope but I get the impression warnock doesn’t fancy him at all so. It depends on his motivation.
He might fancy him soon enough when they can't get double figure goals from set pieces any more and he's desperate for something different to get a goal though.

I personally would take that chance

Probably you r right..Warnock will sign players...so if Tomlin wasnt in Warnocks plans with a Championship squad can you imagine what will be like in the premiership...similar to AK...Warnock must tell some of his players...you can stay if you want but you r not in my plans..nd relegated to the 23s...then u have to see the reaction from Tomlin...if he is one of those players...

The thing is these days, players just have to sit tight for 9 months in the hope that the next manager will fancy them.

I cannot see the Tomlin deal going through,wages will be an issue and Warnock will want to recoup some of the transfer money they shelled out on him

He might fancy him soon enough when they can't get double figure goals from set pieces any more and he's desperate for something different to get a goal though.

I personally would take that chance
Again I am not sure. I would want to play somewhere for a boss that trusts me. I would then take great pleasure in showing the former club what they are missing, particularly if the manager is struggling.

Depends if he is the sort to just amble around in the stiffscollecting a paycheque.

I’d like to go on record & thank Vaughan for his service. Ok he’s been injured a lot but he worked hard when he could.
Always liked Vaughan and thought he was under-rated. Shame it didn’t pan out in terms of him being part of a promotion push.

Again I am not sure. I would want to play somewhere for a boss that trusts me. I would then take great pleasure in showing the former club what they are missing, particularly if the manager is struggling.

Depends if he is the sort to just amble around in the stiffscollecting a paycheque.

It a nice sentiment.

But players want to have a go at the highest level. If you want to see if you can do it in the PL, one club you definitely don't sign for is Nottingham Forest- especially when your current club is there already.

If he signs for us he'll end up a championship player forever and will never know if he could have gotten his chance

It a nice sentiment.

But players want to have a go at the highest level. If you want to see if you can do it in the PL, one club you definitely don't sign for is Nottingham Forest- especially when your current club is there already.

If he signs for us he'll end up a championship player forever and will never know if he could have gotten his chance
Unfortunately the last part is probably true but I honestly can’t see Warnock using him at all so he either moves or he doesn’t play.

If he is happy just picking up his pay then fair enough he can call himself a premier league player.

I cannot see the Tomlin deal going through,wages will be an issue and Warnock will want to recoup some of the transfer money they shelled out on him

Wages will only be an issue if he has a PL clause in his contract; the fee should not be an issue.

Cardiff paid 1.5m for him

Colback, Watson, tomlin- all the same to me in that it depends on their wages. All very average at this level. Tomlin has potential but not sure of his mentality. Would be disappointed if we handed any of these big money contracts.

Watson was signed up back in January! Don't think Colback is any better than him or Bridcutt though.

Wages will only be an issue if he has a PL clause in his contract; the fee should not be an issue.

Cardiff paid 1.5m for him
Yeah I reckon Cardiff will be content to get him off their books so perhaps £750k would get him if we did decide to try then it’s up to the player himself what he wants to do.