It started badly, got a lot better then worse | Vital Football

It started badly, got a lot better then worse

Kentbee

Vital Reserves Team
Hard to put last night into words, sure they looked very strong in first twenty minutes but then we took the game to them and looked a class above until we threw it away at the end clutching a depressing loss from the jaws of victory.

The ref was truly inept (and I don't say that lightly) and the lino on the left looked out of his depth.

Reading targeted our left hand side as a weakness and ruthlessly exploited it.

Hard to know where we go from here. 10 goals in four games suggests we have a great attacking force but 10 goals conceded tells its' own story.

Sensible summary Kent Bee. I'm struggling to find words after that. All I can add is that the lack of defensive cover from NY & RW plus a bit of naivety from young Tom invited pressure, throw a Bentley howler into the mix & there you go, tbf he was trying to help Field. Poor timing of changes by DS too, plus a wrong un of a ref / Lino. Playing well & losing, I'm a bit worried if I'm being honest. Props to Josh Mc who was outstanding, as was Jota.

Josh, Jota and Sergi were non stop.
Definite penalty near end of first half. Replays showed it. Saw three at half time, slowed down to freeze frame. Ref right on spot too.
Our left side defensively has been poor all season. Time to give Egan and Barbet the pick over the far too slow Bjellend.

Last night. Brilliant in places, Sunday League in others.

Harsh on Dean Smith there Rebel! The first substitution changed the game with Jozefzoon coming on. You are probably right about the others though!

Just to clarify I thought JoFlo was superb, my issue on that one was dragging Sergi for him. I'd have taken Vibe out & put SC up top. When Jota went off we still had something to hold on to, minutes later & the game was gone. Field needed help & we should have seen that earlier. Smiths changes & their timing are often questionable for me. This doesn't mask the lack of midfield shield or individual mistakes that cost us a deserved point or 3, happening too often!

Canos has played very little this season so maybe hooking him was justified at the time. I flet the one sub he delayed too much was KK for Nico as the latter was struggling for some while and KK's energy might have tightened up things as the game became very open.

I am a big fan of Field but I do think that teams target him as a weakness at the moment, if Henry is as good as they say then he might be thrown in sooner than later as he has very good pace I gather and we do lack that at the back.

I said to Sean as the first sub was made...."Smith has not got a clue. That guy was awful Saturday and Canos is playing really well" Seconds later I had to say "What do I know?" lol.
Agree Field needed help back there and he wasn't getting it from a certain someone. Was Barbet on the bench? Feel we need to use Egan or Barbet instead of a certain international I am getting less keen on . Maybe it's him, not Field they are targeting? Got the turning circle and speed of an artic at times. ;)

Mr Bjelland I presume collioure? Subbuteo player, heads & clears, even passes. Just don't ask him to move! When he's pulled wide oppo players just run past him. Mate Canos should've gone up front & Vibe hooked. Zoon did great but the 2 in midfield were the problem all night coupled with Tom getting a bit exposed, oh & Vibe being Vibe. Need a bigger athletic CM, a forward & Henry given a go at LB.