It can't just be parents who melt at this | Vital Football

It can't just be parents who melt at this

mike_field

Vital Football Legend
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-44066998/the-boy-who-could-save-your-life

Max Johnson is asking politicians to change the organ donation system in England. If approved it would require people to "opt out" if they do not want their organs used.

The incredible moment Max, from Winsford in Cheshire, gets his new heart is featured in "Heart Transplant: A Chance to Live" on BBC Two at 21:00 BST on 14 May and afterwards on the BBC iPlayer.

--------

I've long said opt out rather than opt in....Christ when I go my kids are already happy knowing and have long understood I'll be hung, drawn and quartered for anything the NHS want. I'm not going to use it again am I. Fair enough my liver might not be up to much cop and I'm not going to help out with a face lift - my feet smell a bit - the rest is fair game as far as I'm concerned!

Not sure if they introduced, but I remember talk of Wales and Scotland looking strongly at opt out the other year. Years out of date as a system though, think I had my first donor card at 12/13 ish (knowing my parents - as you do lol - was irrelevant) but it was around then I grabbed one myself.

Yup, long been argued for. I'm registered for anything they want, (with my health probably nothing!) and can't really see why anyone would be against giving life after you are gone. I think some probably would want to give but aren't aware they have to opt in, or put it off for another day etc

Should be an opt out, totally agree.

My only concern with this is the selling of those organs

Maybe I should stay out of this conversation

Yes I have been signed up for years.

They can take the lot when the time comes , especially the claret and blue bits , no problem.

Yeah opt out definitely makes sense. To think of all the lives lost because there aren't enough organs available simply because people forgot (or didn't realise they had to) put a tick in a box.

Crazy and heartbreaking.