Is Vital the home of bad supporters ? | Vital Football

Is Vital the home of bad supporters ?

Used to go on there quite a bit ...haven’t really done so for months ...no fall out of anything, never had cross words but just there was more going on here ( notwithstanding the excess of political tit for tat posturing)
As for some of them having a go at posters on here ...human nature ..certainly to some folk ...”Peoples popular front for Judea” etc ...we are all on the same side but we hate the PPF more than the Romans !!”.....Wankers ...Splitters ! 😆

There are some on here who have questiond Jay LMB, and to be fair, we do have our fair share of cocks on here.
I use CL as well, but I think the new format has spoiled it and has sent fans over here.
Two healthy Latics sites would be good.

CL was a good site and busy years ago and I did post regularly but things change all the time...nothing stays still, some for the good and some not. Which was that site years ago that had a little football shirt alongside your name . The one that Ruskin posted on...always good value.

CL was a good site and busy years ago and I did post regularly but things change all the time...nothing stays still, some for the good and some not. Which was that site years ago that had a little football shirt alongside your name . The one that Ruskin posted on...always good value.

I remember Laticfanatic, and the The Mudhutter which really was the death knell of CockneyLatic as there were a few fallings out around that time if I remember.

1 poster with 55 posts slagging off this site. :shrug:

A touch naughty from "In the know" that, especially if he is "in the know". Smacks of jealousy to me.

As for old sites, Mudhuts was great. I also use to go on Tree & Crown, which then transitioned into This Northern Soul (with another site, I'm sure, but can[t remember which one). Great chat, if not populated by loads of posters.

Is Wiganer still going ?.... though that was full of kids.

The format on CL is awful, but I know some have slagged this place off because of adverts. Mustn't have heard of adblockers !

I had a lot of Mudhuts Magazines, but i give them to my
relatives, who are Latics fans, they also used CL for a long time
and moved onto other formats to discuss what's going on at
the Club.

Everything runs it's course eventually as posters have other
things going on in their life and stop posting, but that doesn't
mean they no longer go watching matches whenever they can.

A touch naughty from "In the know" that, especially if he is "in the know". Smacks of jealousy to me.

As for old sites, Mudhuts was great. I also use to go on Tree & Crown, which then transitioned into This Northern Soul (with another site, I'm sure, but can[t remember which one). Great chat, if not populated by loads of posters.

The format on CL is awful, but I know some have slagged this place off because of adverts. Mustn't have heard of adblockers !
Trouble with ad blockers is they effect access to other web pages, especially news outlets.

Seems to be a spot of jealousy directed toward young Jay Whittle. Not entirely sure what the purpose of the CL thread was to be honest.

I thought the same, seems quite transparent that there is a bit of an agenda there to try and make him look bad. I have met Jay in the past at a few away games long before he was making videos and he seemed a nice lad, but i don't know him particularly well to defend him if he was in the wrong. But I think he needs defending on this for sure.

Some of that 'gossip' about Jay isn't true:
- he never streamed the live interview with Stanley fund raiser on his own channel.
- he wasn't making add revenue off it as he doesn't have adds in his videos.
- He first interviewed Stanley after the fund raiser, the interview was streamed and i don't believe was available to stream after the fact. So how would that impact it?
- Moaning about him subsequently interviewing contacts is a non issue. He filled the gap in the market that appeared for Latics content during early admin meant he was able to get more content.

As for taking money away from the fund raising, fans on twitter started a fund raiser to reward him for his effort and they got him £350, that he immediately donated to the mental health charity Empathy North West and The Community Trust.

At the start of this he also wrote an open letter on Twitter to try and encourage donations and it went a bit viral and got retweeted by a few higher profile people. So he's probably done more than the people critasising him to help the club during this crisis. Just goes to show that no matter who you are and what you do you'll always find someone to hate you on the internet.

He has also done stuff with the club on mental health so i think they are barking up the wrong tree when it comes to their assumptions on Jay. If they don't like his interview style then no problem, that's up to them, but the character and intentions they want to paint are inaccurate and based on duff info.

So when it is claimed all the bad ones are on Vital, maybe we have some, but i suspect Cockney Latic probably has a couple of it's own based on some of the things said in that thread.

Last edited:

I believe you are spot on with the jealousy comment.

I was on Cockney Latic years and years ago back when Jewell was in charge in Division 2. But ended up leaving there to go Wigan Mad (was that Mudhutter?) for a bit as that seemed a lot better at the time then left there when that seemed to become a bit mental and came here and been here since. Which is probably something like off and on over 10 years.

In my opinion this has been the best Latics board by far. We have our moments on here but i think generally most on here keep it civil and have interesting debates.

Mudhuts was great ... but discussing Latics and matches was one of the least popular thread topics !

I mean, what's not to love about a thread titled "C***s questions for reporters" ?
:grinning:

Probably some jealous egg chasser on there
I know there is one on there Sunderland and a wurriors fan
Not sure if he is a admin now I know he popped on here once was sussed right away
And flecked off
I had a few run ins with him on cockney latics
Decided best I left
So my guess is there are more of these feckers now hanging around
I did not last a day on their cherry and shyte site
And I was only being nice to the feckers

Wiganer .net was a great site in the early 2000's but died a death and got infected by kids

Infected by kids? Infected? Young Latics fans, the future of the club, would you rather them go and watch Man Utd or Man City?

Miserable owd sod!

Probably some jealous egg chasser on there
I know there is one on there Sunderland and a wurriors fan
Not sure if he is a admin now I know he popped on here once was sussed right away
And flecked off
I had a few run ins with him on cockney latics
Decided best I left
So my guess is there are more of these feckers now hanging around
I did not last a day on their cherry and shyte site
And I was only being nice to the feckers

I lasted about 4 hours on that site (C&W) then booted off, :rofl:not before i had the fuckers fuming at my comments, i was pissing myself laughing.

The egg mon and Mackem on CL gets away with murder, slags Latics and its fans off but never gets removed, i reckon the tosser frequents this site under another pseudonym. :finger:

I lasted about 4 hours on that site (C&W) then booted off, :rofl:not before i had the fuckers fuming at my comments, i was pissing myself laughing.

The egg mon and Mackem on CL gets away with murder, slags Latics and its fans off but never gets removed, i reckon the tosser frequents this site under another pseudonym. :finger:

I don't think The Egg slags off Latics T&C. I'm fairly certain he's on the Supporters Club committee.