Is this the real reason Rowett left and others are leaving the club? | Vital Football

Is this the real reason Rowett left and others are leaving the club?

GR has left. As yet nobody else. Vicars is retiring but staying as a director.

As this is the basic premise of the Daily Wail article and it is factually wrong then it is not unreasonable to look at the claim we are losing £3M a week and treat that just a seriously as the leaving part of the story.

Closed season = silly season for journos and DCFC is regularly the target.

There is little to nothing that lends this story any credence at the moment

Hmmm I am not quite sure how the comment/submit bit on the article works, but I commented, submitted and nothing appears!! However I had the good sense to copy it before submitting, and this is what I said:

"If we look at our results for the last 2 years then £ 3 million per month is entirely plausible. In 2016 we lost £ 15 million, in 2017 this rose to £ 24 million (but offset by Hendrick Hughes Ince sale of £ 16 million). So whilst £ 36 million a year may seem a bit high, wage increases and lost of name sponsor for the ground etc could push the losses towards that figure...... and we haven't sold anyone to generate much of an offset in this financial year.

I believe I noted on another board far far away that these results suggested that we were f****d, and I don't back off this view.

No substantive thoughts on the FFP issue but that would be plain mismanagement if had fallen foul of it, as GR has spent about £ 12-15 million since he has been in charge and nobody sold this financial year, so the calculations cannot have been difficult. For it to be a fine of this magnitude though, it would be something covering more than one year I expect, and with £ 16 million in player sales last year, I find it hard to understand."

GR has left. As yet nobody else. Vicars is retiring but staying as a director.

As this is the basic premise of the Daily Wail article and it is factually wrong then it is not unreasonable to look at the claim we are losing £3M a week and treat that just a seriously as the leaving part of the story.

Closed season = silly season for journos and DCFC is regularly the target.

There is little to nothing that lends this story any credence at the moment

Au contraire, MA, the £ 3 million loss per month may be a bit of a stretch but is possible - although your misinterpretative £ 3 million a week clearly has no credence, but its not the daily mail's fault that you cannot read !!!

Does all this doom and gloom and ‘end of the DCFC world’ talk explain why Lampard and O’Neill have emerged as the two favourites then? ‘Cos they’re bound to come on the cheap and be attracted to a bankrupt Championship club.

Au contraire, MA, the £ 3 million loss per month may be a bit of a stretch but is possible - although your misinterpretative £ 3 million a week clearly has no credence, but its not the daily mail's fault that you cannot read !!!

Just goes to show Rog, even I can make a mistake ;)

Hmmm I am not quite sure how the comment/submit bit on the article works, but I commented, submitted and nothing appears!! However I had the good sense to copy it before submitting, and this is what I said:

"If we look at our results for the last 2 years then £ 3 million per month is entirely plausible. In 2016 we lost £ 15 million, in 2017 this rose to £ 24 million (but offset by Hendrick Hughes Ince sale of £ 16 million). So whilst £ 36 million a year may seem a bit high, wage increases and lost of name sponsor for the ground etc could push the losses towards that figure...... and we haven't sold anyone to generate much of an offset in this financial year.

I believe I noted on another board far far away that these results suggested that we were f****d, and I don't back off this view.

No substantive thoughts on the FFP issue but that would be plain mismanagement if had fallen foul of it, as GR has spent about £ 12-15 million since he has been in charge and nobody sold this financial year, so the calculations cannot have been difficult. For it to be a fine of this magnitude though, it would be something covering more than one year I expect, and with £ 16 million in player sales last year, I find it hard to understand."

Needs to be approved RR, sorry about the misunderstanding but it stops Florest fans and other undesirables from posting crap in the comments section and then me having to delete them all

Does all this doom and gloom and ‘end of the DCFC world’ talk explain why Lampard and O’Neill have emerged as the two favourites then? ‘Cos they’re bound to come on the cheap and be attracted to a bankrupt Championship club.
Hmm, begining to wonder myself about the validity of the Lampard story/news. All photo's I have seen are of him in the Chelsea stadium and not Pride Park, so he may not even have been for an interview, although the bookies alway seem to know more than any other mortal

Needs to be approved RR, sorry about the misunderstanding but it stops Florest fans and other undesirables from posting crap in the comments section and then me having to delete them all

Can we fit a similar filter on Basie's posts please to try to reduce the boring repetitive crap he produces?

Latest Rams News