Is the Squad Good Enough to stay up? | Vital Football

Is the Squad Good Enough to stay up?

KevinE

Alert Team
A debate going on about whether the squad is good enough or not to stay up. Some suggest that it most definitely is, and just needs them to be managed better, improving confidence, self belief etc. Others saying that poor recruitment in the Summer, a lack of strength in depth and we are where we are as a result of that.

So, is the squad good enough to avoid relegation? Are there 3 teams worse than us? I'd like to think that Burnley, Hull and Sunderland are. No way would Bournemouth put 6 past us on their ground.

I would argue that the attitude of "We're too good to go down," as Fer has been quoted as saying recently, is a dangerous one to have. It implies that things will sort itself out. Because it is so competitive in the bottom half of the table, any one of those teams could go down. I think a mentality of "we HAVE to stay up" would suit this team better.

Brian, worst thing he could say is that we're too good to go down. I know our run of fixtures has been tough but we're in a poor run of form, confidence is low and they should just shut up and get on with the job. Players shouldn't talk, just do the talking on the pitch. Fer is lucky to be here and starting games.

A yes for me, but only just. We're better than Burnley, Hull and Sunderland. There's no way we'd be letting in 6 at Bournemouth, and we've just lacked that extra something to get a point against both Liverpool and Arsenal. That stupid penalty vs Liverpool and not taking 1 of 3 open chances on Saturday.

We'll finish 15th-16th :pint: