Is our Christopher still the best manager for us? | Vital Football

Is our Christopher still the best manager for us?

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
I'm not having a dig at anyone but i was just wondering if the Vital UP THE BLADES contributors are still backing our Christopher? No manager gets everything right and obviously our lad has made some mistakes but he still has my backing 100%.This is NOT i'm a BIGGER BLADE thread either i'm just asking a question and wondered what sort of percentage says Yay or Nay.UTMPB

You don't read "In Wilder we Trust" much anymore is that an indicator, just a thought.
I don't know Dezza if it's an indicator,i understand BLADES are frustrated i am myself and for me it's worse cos we're not allowed to go to games.Just for you tho mi owd pal,IN WILDER I TRUST.UTMPB

I don't know Dezza if it's an indicator,i understand BLADES are frustrated i am myself and for me it's worse cos we're not allowed to go to games.Just for you tho mi owd pal,IN WILDER I TRUST.UTMPB

Losing games is more of an indicator, questioning his signings and team selections are others. Wilder has said its a results business and he's right. Hopefully he can turn it around asap.

Too early to be considering alternatives Rod. Wilder with his track record has earnt the right to sort out his first blip as SUFC Manager. That doesn't mean he and his team can't be questioned about some of the decisions they are making.

There were signs of improvement against Liverpool and that needs to continue over the next 10 games. We need points on the board to instil confidence, simple as, no matter how we get them. After that the January window is upon us and the mistake of not bringing in a replacement for JOC needs to be dealt with thats where the Board need to be providing the support now in preparation.

100% stay up or go down he should be our manager next season. Like I said to the bloke on S2 who asked the same question several weeks ago he’s earned enough brownie points with me over the past 4 seasons and it’s only right that fans show some loyalty to him. We’d probably still be pissing around in league one if it wasn’t for him.

Full backing from me and tbh I don’t think it’s an option anyway as if anyone new came in with this squad of players we’d probably look a mid champ side, cwak make the sum of the parts look greater

Full backing from me and tbh I don’t think it’s an option anyway as if anyone new came in with this squad of players we’d probably look a mid champ side, cwak make the sum of the parts look greater
I've just seen the Millers are 3-0 up against the Fake massives and the grunters are down to 10 men.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I presume nobody will be calling for Monk if we ever need a replacement for our Christopher. UTMPB

Even if we go down he should be given next season but WE WON'T GO DOWN.

Anyone considering getting rid needs to have a very viable alternative to name.I can't think of any ( unless you go fantasy and £400m per transfer window) that would be a good replacement to fit in at SUFC.
Having said that he needs to be providing a few solutions and innovations to help the cause.

The " in Wilder we trust" saying is unlikely to be seen as often when you're not defying all and sundry and, for some, that trust has been eroded. Bad spell or bad management? 80/20 for me in that we have not plugged known gaps.

BTW I reckon,on here, Gary Monk is the best loved Sheffield manager ATM!

Last edited:
I back him and in the likely event we're in Championship next season want him to be at the helm leading the charge for promotion.

Not to say there aren't concerns. The football we're playing is dour and not earning results and the recent transfer business, or lack of, has left the squad badly exposed and ill prepared for survival.

what a stupid question rod. of course he is,and just because people have their own minds and think differently to him on certain things and players it dosntmean they dont fully stand with him and by him. hes top draw simple as that. and mcburnie is still not the answer lol

Even if we go down he should be given next season but WE WON'T GO DOWN.

Anyone considering getting rid needs to have a very viable alternative to name.I can't think of any ( unless you go fantasy and £400m per transfer window) that would be a good replacement to fit in at SUFC.
Having said that he needs to be providing a few solutions and innovations to help the cause.

The " in Wilder we trust" saying is unlikely to be seen as often when you're not defying all and sundry and, for some, that trust has been eroded. Bad spell or bad management? 80/20 for me in that we have not plugged known gaps.

BTW I reckon,on here, Gary Monk is the best loved Sheffield manager ATM!
I agree TT. I really don’t think we’ll go down. That’s not me being daft or moony eyed over Wilder, I genuinely think that we’ll kick on in the next 2 or 3 games and finish 12-15th

Can I just say that i found it really hard to control myself and not reply with ‘’What the F****** hell you ******* talking abahht you **** but because I love ahh Rod so much ❤️ I resisted my initial instincts. Maybe having COVID in the family has mellowed me. 😂😂😂 UTB⚔️

He’s made some very poor decisions since January especially recruitment wise but if we go down he’s the best chance we have of getting straight back up.

However if we do go down there is a chance he might walk anyway and look to have a full six months out of the game to recharge. A big rebuild and football in the Championship in front of no fans still might not be very appealing.

If we replace him we 100 percent go down. You cannot blame Wilder for the fact we have the lowest Prem transfer budget.