Is Modern Football Rubbish? | Vital Football

Is Modern Football Rubbish?

Tuckster. In one word ' yes '

I have spent the past 2 weeks talking to proper cricket and football fans
and informing them that our problems are the owners.
They have put their own self importance above a likely future for the club in the premier league.
One chap who I sat next to on an internal flight did not take any persuading. A chap who supported a league 2 team and had visited all 92 league grounds said to me he could not believe that Jones stated in an interview he was proud of being debt free. He said that blows any ambition away and we agreed it was similar to not buying a house so you did not have a mortgage and after 30 years and getting to retirement having nothing to show for it as all rent had gone to a landlord and there was not an asset.

This is comparable to the crazy Smiffs plan where when players are sold in the summer and the income combined with the parachute payments will be used over the next few seasons to cover up the inevitable losses of not being in premier
league until they run out and we go into debt again.

The money will not be used to buy expensive championship players and we cannot expect great players to come along in groups such as the current batch every season.