Is Lampard committed | Page 2 | Vital Football

Is Lampard committed

In a Football Mad kind of way, going back to the thread title.....

... I think he is but I know that DCFCA should be ;)

Lol...possibly because I’m about the only one who replies to you. ;)

Yes you are a bit short of posters on this board & it doesn't help that you lot don't have a lot to brag about. In the unlikely event of you gaining promotion that situation would have been surely remedied for a while.:rockon:

No approach from Chelski yet it seems. here is a statement put out by Mel at 12:06 today....

Attachments

• MM statement.JPG
    MM statement.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Press going doolalley over this today. 'Arry says he thinks FL to Chelsea will happen. Still no news of any contact from Chelsea. Bowyer to replace FL. He has resigned from Charlton and DCFC had "discretely" sounded him out.... how discretely if the press know....? Gary Monk to leave Brum to replace FL John Terry to leave Villa to replace FL

I think it's a case of:
'Goodbye Frank,
Goodbye son,
Goodbye Frank,
Let's have another one'

And it's either Terry or Bowyer with Monk coming up on the rails!!

Following overnight talks, Bowyer has now signed a 1 year extension on his contract. Still no reports anywhere about an official approach from Chelsea. Mel isn't going to come out and say "Frank is staying" as, if CFC want him and have let him know that much, Frank could resign, go to CFC and we get no compo and our relationship with Frank/CFC might be sufficiently soured to stop us getting loanees from them in future. Frank isn't going to come out and say "I want to go to CFC and I want to go now" until they actually tell Derby they want him. That is also very obvious. I have pinned my flag so far on FL being intelligent enough to see that CFC is not the place for him at this time. He is still very much a rookie. CFC has a 2 window incoming transfer ban. They have just lost their best player. Performance expectations are ridiculously high. No Cups won and a 6th place finish would see FL getting sacked before the end of the season. He will see that and, hopefully, decide to stay. I'd love him to come out and say "I want to manage CFC some day but, at the moment, I don't believe I have sufficient experience to take on a job that size"..... I will not, however, be holding my breath.

I don't see Frank as the sort who would say he won't up to any job even if inexperienced!! He's by nature a confident person and would feel he could manage any club at any time. No, I think for Mel, Frank and everyone connected with DCFC, especially us fans, will have to batten down the hatches and wait and see. Unfortunate, but that's how it is!!

Latest Rams News