Is Lampard committed | Vital Football

Is Lampard committed

Manofpride

Vital Youth Team
I think Lampard should make a comment of where he wants to be, this reminds me of when Newcastle was chasing McClaren. I can understand if Chelsea came calling it would be hard to turn down but I don't like the uncertainty. I want to make sure we have enough time to look for a new manager should Frank decide to jump ship, to me Lampard has just avoided the question like McClaren did. I thought Frank was better than that but obviously not. Looks like he's edging his bets!

Shame if he jumps IMO. He needs to see what he can achieve by building on last season. A move to Chelsea is way, way too early in my book.

He does owe Derby some clarity given the opportunity he has been given. As you say MoP, uncertainty and delay in any new gaffer could scupper next season. July and pre-season is rapidly approaching.

Unlike SM he has spoken to MM and they have looked at player ins and player outs for next season.

That’s apparently true, MA...but I’m with MoP on this one...we need certainty and some degree of urgency, not more hesitation.

Sorry rA, no chance, this is the world of the 'forked tongue' !! Frank's bound to hedge his bets, if a successful and progressive season at PP opens the door to Frank's utopian world then.........! We gave him a chance, he took it and Chelski beckon! He may stumble next season, who knows and his chance is gone. No, thanks for the ride Frank and good luck, we had a good prgressive season but grab your chance... it may be the only one you get. Life moves on, follow Omar Khayyam!

Sorry rA, no chance, this is the world of the 'forked tongue' !! Frank's bound to hedge his bets, if a successful and progressive season at PP opens the door to Frank's utopian world then.........! We gave him a chance, he took it and Chelski beckon! He may stumble next season, who knows and his chance is gone. No, thanks for the ride Frank and good luck, we had a good prgressive season but grab your chance... it may be the only one you get. Life moves on, follow Omar Khayyam!

But did we have such a ‘good progressive season’ mac, when three of the lynchpins are off to pastures new?

I’d say Lampard was fortunate to take us close and we’ve got Marriott, Holmes and Waghorn out of his tenure...but not much more if he leaves now.

Last edited:
I see it as progressive not simply because we nearly lived the dream but because the atmosphere around the club seems much more positive. Yes, we had a good 17/18 but there was a feeling of decline, slow decline but a definite downward trend. Mel was cutting back, we had players on long expensive contracts who were no longer '1st teamers' but whose presence (even on loan) was not conducive to a harmonious feel around the club. Fans generally expected a mid-table season but FL's appointment, even if it received a mixed reception, did create a spark and the end result totally exceeded expectations.
Yes, our playing resources look somewhat thin now the loanees have gone and much work is needed to rebuild the squad but I think we have progressed in that 18/19 had the potential to be a real struggle but in fact it has helped to re-invigorate the club. I think season ticket sales will remain bouyant and the club will still be viewed by potential new signings as a desirable choice.
Overall, I believe the positives outway the negatives significantly and we have moved forward after the Rowett saga!

Hope you’re right mac. If he stays I’ll be optimistic but I was optimistic after the 2014 near miss and look what followed.

If he goes and we get Bowyer I see only trouble ahead, frankly I’d rather have Rowett back who, coincidentally, I saw in a local shop yesterday.

I agree about Bowyer but am not keen on a Rowett return, too much water has passed under the bridge (all negative!! ).

I agree about Bowyer but am not keen on a Rowett return, too much water has passed under the bridge (all negative!! ).

Wasn’t serious about the ‘Rowett return’, mac...just indicating that I don’t think Bowyer would be a good appointment.

My comments about Lampard at the beginning of last season seem to be spot on. Hardly the type of person to hang around a place like Derby for long. No more exciting loans to push you into the play-offs, strapped for cash & likely candidates for relegation. Let's see if that prediction comes true. They normally do.:utv:

My comments about Lampard at the beginning of last season seem to be spot on. Hardly the type of person to hang around a place like Derby for long. No more exciting loans to push you into the play-offs, strapped for cash & likely candidates for relegation. Let's see if that prediction comes true. They normally do.:utv:

...and you know all that how?

Talking of predictions...many on here, me included, predicted the usual Forest implosion, pointless management change and you finishing well below us...those predictions certainly came true...as they ‘normally do’.

Looks like Sarri is going, Will FL replace him? No idea.

Frank and Mel had an afternoon of "planning for next season" talks recently. It would surprise me greatly if the Chelsea situation hadn't come up. Would FL be non-committal when asked? If he didn't say "not ready, not going" would an experienced businessman like Mel decide to do the best for the club and get rid?

I am not even gooing to think of who might be a decent replacement until I know Frank has gone.

...and you know all that how?

Talking of predictions...many on here, me included, predicted the usual Forest implosion, pointless management change and you finishing well below us...those predictions certainly came true...as they ‘normally do’.

Not too far behind you & we are holders of The Brian Clough Cup. Also by beating Middlesbro we did pave the way for you to have another day out at Wembley which we always enjoy much more than yourselves.:utv:

Not too far behind you & we are holders of The Brian Clough Cup. Also by beating Middlesbro we did pave the way for you to have another day out at Wembley which we always enjoy much more than yourselves.:utv:

Lol...been a very damp summer so far so take care...there may not be too many more straws for you to clutch at...keep waving your Villa scarf.

Lol...been a very damp summer so far so take care...there may not be too many more straws for you to clutch at...keep waving your Villa scarf.

I've told ya before, it's a Forest scarf who's colours have run in the wash. I bet you are still seeing Villa scarves in your sleep.:cup: < Brian Clough Cup.

Latest Rams News