The Jonathan Kodjia Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Jonathan Kodjia Thread

Mr Field, please re-read my post..........now you have done that.........do you think that playing a player low in confidence and snatching at chances is helping him or the club?
Regards,
G.T.
P.S. I think we have covered all the 'angles' on this subject don't you chaps, time to move on.......
UTV.
G.T.

Hiya G.T.
been reading your posts with interest and on your point about playing a player who is out of form, I would normally agree, except for two positions, goalkeeper and forward, especially when the loss of form is down to a lack of confidence.
For a forward, scoring a goal, or creating a goal or two, can turn things around.
With Kodjia, it might help if he and Abraham changed places in the team.
Abraham has reportedly stated that he prefers playing off the left hand side, so changing positions shouldn't affect him.

An interesting cross section of views. As ever time will tell. Sorry if my opinion has offended some people's sensitivities. I'm new to the forum and thought this was the place to discuss disparate views. Sometimes there is no right or wrong .......just opinions. This is why forums exist.....
Regards,
G.T.
Mr Field,
I know??????

For me Kodja`s finishing was terrible on Saturday especially the one wild shot into the crowd. But his contribution was not that bad. It became even more obvious when Bolasie was brought on and made an immediate impact. But in his defence has turned games around by individual brilliance. G.T. loving your provocative title to cause a reaction as the days are dragging heading into the `international break` ........

It isn't just Kodjia whose shooting is wayward.
Abraham has missed as many, if not more, sitters,
The whole squad could do with shooting practice.
One way to help them concentrate when shooting, would be to fine them a thousand pounds for every shot they take that is off target. The accumulated fines collected could go to Acorns.

It isn't just Kodjia whose shooting is wayward.
Abraham has missed as many, if not more, sitters,
The whole squad could do with shooting practice.
One way to help them concentrate when shooting, would be to fine them a thousand pounds for every shot they take that is off target. The accumulated fines collected could go to Acorns.
I would suggest something with jolts of electricity and electrodes, some bulldog clips but sadly that ship has sailed

Gabby became injury prone because of Martin O'Neil stupidity in trying to turn him into a big bustling centreforward, who could physically bully big centrebacks.
Gabby was built for speed and best played off a centreforward, more like an inside forward. He scared the beejesus out of defenders with his pace.
Once O'Neil had him bulk up he was carrying too much bulk for his frame, throwing too much stress onto his skeleton, ligaments and sinews, causing him to get injury after injury and effectively ruining what could have been a glittering career.

Kodjia on the other hand got two particularly nasty injuries, one after the other. The second probably due to him being forced back into action too quickly.

So the answer is no, Kodjia isn't the new Gabby, two completely different situations.
The only similarity being manager stupidity.

He's still coming back from a double ankle injury. Give him time.
He's not scoring for us like he has before. But he's still putting the effort in. Also he's not selfish and taking shots and missing.
Give him time.

Gabby became injury prone because of Martin O'Neil stupidity in trying to turn him into a big bustling centreforward, who could physically bully big centrebacks.
Gabby was built for speed and best played off a centreforward, more like an inside forward. He scared the beejesus out of defenders with his pace.
Once O'Neil had him bulk up he was carrying too much bulk for his frame, throwing too much stress onto his skeleton, ligaments and sinews, causing him to get injury after injury and effectively ruining what could have been a glittering career.

Kodjia on the other hand got two particularly nasty injuries, one after the other. The second probably due to him being forced back into action too quickly.

So the answer is no, Kodjia isn't the new Gabby, two completely different situations.
The only similarity being manager stupidity.

Not sure you're right about Gabby. My understanding was that it was Gabby who decided he wanted to be a big bustling centre forward and bulked up, not MON. Managers from Houllier on told him to loose weight but he didn't listen.

Agree re Kodjia. He's putting everything in, he's just not back to his best. Hope he gets there and he may well.

Not sure you're right about Gabby. My understanding was that it was Gabby who decided he wanted to be a big bustling centre forward and bulked up, not MON. Managers from Houllier on told him to loose weight but he didn't listen.

Agree re Kodjia. He's putting everything in, he's just not back to his best. Hope he gets there and he may well.

McP, if you are right about him being told to lose weight by everyone from Houllier onwards and he didn't, surely any and every manager would have had him fined and/or dumped in the bomb squad, instead of giving him new contracts.
Or maybe its true about him being untouchable under Lerner because he was made 'Mr. Aston Villa'.

Hi GT do you think Kodjia has started to give you your answer yet, I for one think he is getting over his double injury & starting to look like the Jimmy Danger of old

Mr Cape, I hope this goal is the start of a stellar season for 'Codger', but early days yet.......
Regards,
G.T.