The Jonathan Kodjia Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Jonathan Kodjia Thread

Albert’s crossings from the left with either foot are excellent. Defenders confused how to sfop crosses. High praise but injury ro Robo ,Clough would have him in Robertson’s role

An interesting cross section of views. As ever time will tell. Sorry if my opinion has offended some people's sensitivities. I'm new to the forum and thought this was the place to discuss disparate views. Sometimes there is no right or wrong .......just opinions. This is why forums exist.....
Regards,
G.T.

Yes nobody is saying that you can't have your opinion... it's just that everyone else disagrees.... which they are entitled to do without being told they are sensitive.

Regards
Deanovilla.

An interesting cross section of views. As ever time will tell. Sorry if my opinion has offended some people's sensitivities. I'm new to the forum and thought this was the place to discuss disparate views. Sometimes there is no right or wrong .......just opinions. This is why forums exist.....
Regards,
G.T.

Hi GT. Just out of interest why compare Kodjia with Gabby why not compare Hogan instead cause as you said earlier when you played C F
When you didn’t score you were dropped which prompted your thread.
Our club has endured a lot of injuries over the last few years which has affected us but for us fans to start pointing the finger at players who are still returning from injury is unfair. I am sure with our new management & coaching there will be less of a need to get the knives out.
Kind Regards. Andrew

Hi Andrew, my point ref. Gabby and Codger was the issue of playing out of form players. This seems to have gone unnoticed by some posters. I don't think playing a player whose confidence is so low is helping the club or the player........
Regards,
G.T.
Tin hat back on now.......?

Depends on what you mean by out of form. I don't think he is out of form as he is playing well and contributing to a winning team. Just coz he isn't scoring a hat full isn't the be all and end all.

Look a Giroud at Chelsea. 1 goal in 6 months or something crazy yet Sarri continues to pick him. You'd probably consider him 'out of form', yet Sarri can see the contribution he makes elsewhere.

P.S. If you need a tin hat every time someone has a different opinion to you, then maybe you are the sensitive one. :unsure:

Depends on what you mean by out of form. I don't think he is out of form as he is playing well and contributing to a winning team. Just coz he isn't scoring a hat full isn't the be all and end all.

Look a Giroud at Chelsea. 1 goal in 6 months or something crazy yet Sarri continues to pick him. You'd probably consider him 'out of form', yet Sarri can see the contribution he makes elsewhere.

Fair point mate.

Gabby was good at being emotionaly disconnected from what was going on. Dean smith has spoken about being emotionaly disconnected, ie don't over react when things aren't going your way. I am trying desperately to follow that lead and at last see some light at the end of the tunnel. We are now in territories that we haven't occupied for over 10 years, I'm determined to sit back and enjoy the ride because we will get better and we may even spoil the party at the end.

Gabby scored against the shit, on a regular basis. They hate him because he beat them, I don't like him because he was a waster, but he was better than them. Gabby couldn't hold a candle to deehan, gray or little but he did them over and that's why they hate him, we don't need to join in.

Hi Andrew, my point ref. Gabby and Codger was the issue of playing out of form players. This seems to have gone unnoticed by some posters. I don't think playing a player whose confidence is so low is helping the club or the player........
Regards,
G.T.
Tin hat back on now.......?
Comparing somebody over numerous years who failed to perform and then let himself get unfit to a player returning from a serious injury means you need the tin hat, you do get that don't you mate.

Mr Field, please re-read my post..........now you have done that.........do you think that playing a player low in confidence and snatching at chances is helping him or the club?
Regards,
G.T.
P.S. I think we have covered all the 'angles' on this subject don't you chaps, time to move on.......
UTV.
G.T.