The Jonathan Kodjia Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Jonathan Kodjia Thread

You can't judge him on goals when he's playing on the wing.

If you want to judge him compare him against the other wingers. Is he playing any worse than Adomah? No. Is Admoah scoring loads of goals? No. Is Kodjia working hard and getting into goalscoring positions? Yes. I think he's an important part of the team that has just won 2 games in a row.

If you want to judge him compare him against the other wingers. Is he playing any worse than Adomah? No. Is Admoah scoring loads of goals? No. Is Kodjia working hard and getting into goalscoring positions? Yes. I think he's an important part of the team that has just won 2 games in a row.

Agreed , he certainly played his part Saturday.

This.

We put players out of position then expect them to play naturally and at the top of their game there.

At no point has Kodjia ever given a hint of being the sort of player you should put on the wing in my humble.

Hi Guys, I believe he pushed onto the wing because he was so poor down the middle?
Regards,
G.T.

More of an inside left than an out and out winger imho. I believe he played there for Bristol City as well.

Doesn't change the fact that he played well Saturday and a goal or two wouldn't do him any harm.

I don't think Dean Smith does wingers in the traditional sense, he likes them to come inside and the fullbacks to provide the width. So it may be Jimmy Dangers new permanent position. As Sir Den says more of an inside left role . We'll have to wait and see I guess

We'd need to find a left back who can cross like Elmo.

Yep, agree with most, why can't we just get behind DS and the team. New beginning and we just have to get used to not being hysterical :eek!:

Sorry, just couldn't resist

An interesting cross section of views. As ever time will tell. Sorry if my opinion has offended some people's sensitivities. I'm new to the forum and thought this was the place to discuss disparate views. Sometimes there is no right or wrong .......just opinions. This is why forums exist.....
Regards,
G.T.

An interesting cross section of views. As ever time will tell. Sorry if my opinion has offended some people's sensitivities. I'm new to the forum and thought this was the place to discuss disparate views. Sometimes there is no right or wrong .......just opinions. This is why forums exist.....
Regards,
G.T.
Yep, opinions are like a***holes. We all have one.

Please don't be offended, I'm often shot down in a blaze of glory. Onwards and upwards and keep the faith brother :utv::utv:

Regards,
G.T.
Indeed

Regards,

OVB

I've now entrusted Dean with total authority on team selection, player evaluation, role in team and anything else you might think of. This pleasant passage of time may not last forever of course but at the moment I cannot help but feel that all things at Derby were very fine indeed.

Kodja had two bad injurys, best not to judge anyone at the moment because Dean smith will get this group playing to the sum total of the parts and not below it

I've now entrusted Dean with total authority on team selection, player evaluation, role in team and anything else you might think of. This pleasant passage of time may not last forever of course but at the moment I cannot help but feel that all things at Derby were very fine indeed.

I'm with you pal, totally relaxed with Smudger in charge, might be the Jack Daniels though, smiley face thing!

No.

Gabby was lack of effort and lack of personal pride.

Kodjua has had two career threatening injuries and it is a lack of form, a lack of confidence, and the issue of trying too haķrd and getting frustrated.

He may now start banging the goals in for fun, he may do a Michael Owen and never really recover.

But I am not going to have a go at him whatever happpens.