The Jonathan Kodjia Thread | Vital Football

The Jonathan Kodjia Thread

G.T.

Vital Newbie
His goal scoring record is similarly dismal but he still gets selected in front of better players ( I.e. Bolasie ). What do you guys think?
Regards,
G.T.

Bolasie is not quite ready for 90 mins of intense effort according to Deano.

But Kodjia barely puts in 90 mins of mediocre effort :lol:

I don't think Smith will allow him to stroll through games for much longer. I expect him to be moved on in January......

What a shame we appear to be knit picking with Kodjia, I for one am prepared to give him a little longer to show he is over his double ankle
Injury both mentally as well as physically before I get the knife out for him. I think we have a more astute manager now who will make the decision for us if he is not cutting the mustard, I hope he comes as good as he was before his injuries

He was fine yesterday apart from missing a couple of chances.

He is certainly working harder as they all are , and his movement off the ball is better as well , again as are all the others.

Spot on Gator, there has been enough bad threads & comments slagging off players over the last 6-8 yrs we are in a better state now
with our new manager & board so let's try being more positive & let the manager do his job. Get behind the team!

Awful injury, really would worry anyone to have that twice.

He is also - like most - a confidence player, he was just doing well and got dropped by Bruce which was strange.

One goal, could become two, three and another good run.

Koj is ok, just things are not going for him. Abraham has also put his nose out of joint by having his place, I can imagine the stick Koj would have on here if he was missing as many chances as Tammy. Koj is not a winger like Albert or Bo lazy and shouldn't be compared to them. Yet again we have a player being shoehorned into a position. I know he likes to come in from the left but that has never been his position at villa

Hi Guys, some interesting thoughts ( particularly the bollox one?). Kodjia was bought for 11 million ( which could rise to 15 million apparently) as a goal scorer . As you will have noticed he isn't scoring goals at the moment ( or looking like he will ). As some of you have mentioned he is returning from a serious injury which may have affected his performance ( surely the 1st team isn't the place to simply regain form and fitness?). I realise that some people on this forum still idolised Bruce and Gabby but I admit I didn't, so it is not surprising that our options differ. Many moons ago I actually got paid for playing football as a centre forward.....when I wasn't scoring then I wasn't selected, simple really. I was expected to regain my form in the reserves.......
Regards,
G.T.

Yeah, I'd not have any striker/player as an automatic choice, they need to earn their place and then earn the right to keep their place.

Can't argue with that.

At times he's looked like he is getting there, at other times, he's totally lost.

Hopefully Smith can get the best out of him again.

I'd also be giving Hogan a chance as Smith has already proved he knows how to get the best out of him.

Many moons ago I actually got paid for playing football as a centre forward.....when I wasn't scoring then I wasn't selected, simple really.

As a centre-forward, it's often easier to score goals when you're actually playing in that position and not being stuck out on the wing every match.

Maybe if Kodjia was playing as a centre-forward, he might just have the opportunity to score goals, crazy as that may seem.