Is King Kev Right ? | Vital Football

Is King Kev Right ?

PieMag

Vital Football Hero
http://www.nufcblog.com/2018/10/02/keegan-shares-his-views-on-newcastle-ashley-and-the-geordie-fans/

“I knew what the fans wanted, I knew the club and, with that man in charge, we thought we had money to spend, so it looked like a real dream ticket.”

“But it was a nightmare – and the nightmare has continued for 10 years now if you’re a Newcastle fan.”

“It’s been a difficult, difficult time for them because it is a special club. All clubs are special, but it’s special in a different way, Newcastle; it’s a one-club city and it means so much more.”

“We get 51,000 at Newcastle because the fans are all living in the area; and, if they aren’t, they’re all coming back from London. They’re Geordies coming home.”

I get why they won’t boycott games. I wouldn’t if I was them – because why should they?”

“After a bad result on a Saturday, they’re immediately thinking: ‘I might boycott the game.’ But by Monday they’re thinking: ‘What am I going to do next Saturday if I don’t go to the game?'”

“And by Wednesday there’s only one place they’re going that Saturday, and it’s back to St James’ Park.”

“Newcastle United is bigger than anyone. It hurts I know, but just keep going. He is only one man; we are a city, a whole population. Trust me.”

“It’s a difficult time, but they have to hang in there because the club will be there when he Ashley, gone.”

“It’s a difficult time, but they have to hang in there because the club will be there when he Ashley, gone.”

Don’t go to the game and he’ll be gone sooner. The club will still be there then too!

Typical comments from a straight forward; honest fella; a man with passion and genuine love for the club and city.

Unfortunately, just the kind of person a scurrilous, despicable scumbag would take advantage of; exploit and take the piss with.

Just read the chapters in the new book, surrounding his time at NUFC under the parasite's regime. It should be printed out and given to everyone who goes to a home match, because history is repeating itself here, with a top class manager being undermined.

Finished the book , didn't think it was all that ,truth be told.Still love the bloke although imo he's wrong about the boycott.

What was the matter with it, Keggy?

He’s massively wrong about the boycott but I think he’s just trying to keep in with the happy clappers with that comment. No person with anything more than half a brain would enter that ground until Ashley goes.

Finished the book , didn't think it was all that ,truth be told.Still love the bloke although imo he's wrong about the boycott.

Just didn't think it was a great read which is perhaps more at the ghost writer's door. I thought the feeling of his first stint as manager here at Newcastle United was far better encapsulated by Martin Hardy in Touching Distance. The insight into his return as manager was very good and knowing as we all do how principled Kevin is I'm surprised he stuck it out with Ashley and co for the nearly 9 months he did. Overall it was lacking depth and a lot of the warmth, humour and charisma we associate with Keegan didn't come over in the book. At times he comes off as a little bit sanctimonious. His previous book from 97 while having less to work with was a far better read .

Just didn't think it was a great read which is perhaps more at the ghost writer's door. I thought the feeling of his first stint as manager here at Newcastle United was far better encapsulated by Martin Hardy in Touching Distance. The insight into his return as manager was very good and knowing as we all do how principled Kevin is I'm surprised he stuck it out with Ashley and co for the nearly 9 months he did. Overall it was lacking depth and a lot of the warmth, humour and charisma we associate with Keegan didn't come over in the book. At times he comes off as a little bit sanctimonious. His previous book from 97 while having less to work with was a far better read .

Agree the Martin Hardy book was a amazing effort, and worth a re-read, maybe the sheep should be given a copy, and see what is possible if those in charge at least "try"?????