Is it time for the majority owners to pass the baton other than to Tom | Vital Football

Is it time for the majority owners to pass the baton other than to Tom

Careful of what you wish for.

Rex..I admire your continued optimism , but I wish for
1. a successful Prem Club that is not constantly being relegated
2. Owners (carefully chosen) who can actually afford to run a Prem club
3 Owners who can buy the quality players we need
4. A club that is not the laughing stock of the nation in the PL
5. A club that is not humiliated in the PL
6. A club that is highly successful in the PL that can make our fine city and county of Norfolk something to be proud of
7. A club that is successful in the PL that will reflect our city as successful and will hopefully bring new investment into our city and County

I amsorry but the Smiffs can achieve none of reasonable things above …they can only bring failure and humiliation which is what they are doing right now

Last edited:
Hanley has to be dropped in my opinion
Hes proved hes a championship operator and not a prem player imo.
The issue for me as ive said before, is DF’s main stay are not good enough at this lvl, pukki (hate to say it, too wasteful) mclean, rupp, hanley to name 4 need to be dropped.

It is also interesting that the players we sign don't seem to fit the model of a DF team.

Look at the videos of Rashica, Tzolis and Placheta for example. The videos show them either picking up the ball on the halfway line and the use their pace to run at players or having someone pick them out and they then use their skill to round the defender and smash it home.

I think I saw Placheta use his pace once last year against Huddersfield. Rashica looks like Ben Marshall and Tzolis I haven't seen much of.

DF likes the slow build-up play and the backwards - sideways passing. I am sure if these guys were on another side who like to play their way like Leicester they would be dangerous and I bet had a few assists and goals already.

It is also interesting that the players we sign don't seem to fit the model of a DF team.

Look at the videos of Rashica, Tzolis and Placheta for example. The videos show them either picking up the ball on the halfway line and the use their pace to run at players or having someone pick them out and they then use their skill to round the defender and smash it home.

I think I saw Placheta use his pace once last year against Huddersfield. Rashica looks like Ben Marshall and Tzolis I haven't seen much of.

DF likes the slow build-up play and the backwards - sideways passing. I am sure if these guys were on another side who like to play their way like Leicester they would be dangerous and I bet had a few assists and goals already.
I think some of the players we have bought and loaned Bears are good fir the future. We got them on the cheap because they are not ready yet and a lot of work has to be done on their progress. The problem is that we are in the Premier league NOW and we needed to purchase Premier league standard players in order to stay up and bring on these other lower level (at the moment) players for the future. It needed investment for it to work. Everyone in the know, knew this model would not work but we were told to swallow it and hope for a miracle.

Speaking to The Times newspaper a couple of months earlier, as part of a wide-ranging interview about club ownership, Delia said: "The supporters will be very disappointed to hear that. But no way will we sell. We don't even listen to any enquiries.

"Our nephew, Tom, is now a board director. He's a very good board director.

"He's a very passionate Norwich City supporter and he will be the recipient of our shares."

Passionate for sleeping and invisibility.

I fear for our future with these dreadful Smiffs in charge . They won’t sell and we will be condemned as a nothing club which is the football laughing stock of the nation ……and that is already happening for the second time in 3 years

His net worth is like 50k so how will he invest anything? He was earning the same as me a few years ago and now he is a director of my club.

I really hope the plan is for norwich to be his inheritance and he sells it.