Is it Time for A Modern Approach to Match Day Programme's ? | Vital Football

Is it Time for A Modern Approach to Match Day Programme's ?

fan_of_mulligan

Vital Youth Team
https://gameofthepeople.com/2016/06/05/is-it-time-for-programme-2-0/

This article was written by @GameofthePeople and appears in This Week's Non League Paper.

Does everyone on here buy Match Day Programme's ???

I still buy a programme, but do often wonder why, with the availability of flat screen monitors team selection would be easy to relay to the crowd.

I buy a programme only when my son is going, or if the game is particularly important and i'd like a 'memento' of going. Other than that I never buy programmes really. Usually too busy in the pub / too pissed to read them bt 3pm if I am honest. My son likes to look through it, look at the squad, the fixtures/results and the team profiles.

Almost never, and if I do it'll be at an important away game or something.

I remember as a kid I ALWAYS used to buy one, mainly for the halftime quiz. Last time I got a Gills one (complimentary as a corp package) it didn't even have a quiz :(

When i first started going 12/13 years ago i enjoyed reading about the club but i've not had one for 7 or 8 years now and really don't miss it all.

As the article says, i can get all my info on line now.

nitram77 - 23/6/2016 13:04

I still buy a programme, but do often wonder why, with the availability of flat screen monitors team selection would be easy to relay to the crowd.

Buy one occasionally either for special games or (more often) so I have an up to date squad list and fixture list at hand without having to turn my computer on. The days of religiously collecting them and trying to get them home in near mint condition have long gone as has my collection.

I buy one every game,has been a tradition for me.I quite like going to away grounds and taking something back from the game,and reading their thoughts of Gills etc.

Stopped buying programmes ages ago, although I do like the historical bits about matches with our opponents on the day. Usually get an away programme but that about it.

Does anyone still "collect" footy programmes ? Is it worth buying them these days for the purpose of adding to collections or are they now so mass-produced that, in general, there`s little point in saving an item that`s unlikely to become a rarity ?

Kent_UckyFriedGills - 25/6/2016 15:49

I buy one every game,has been a tradition for me.I quite like going to away grounds and taking something back from the game,and reading their thoughts of Gills etc.

Ditto for me. Rarely read it from cover to cover nowadays but will still flick through it while waiting for my friends to turn up or for boring half times.

The Gills had a different format last season that I liked in terms of its construction. I suppose the question is if 3 is value for money for about 20 minutes of decent reading.

What decent reading? Most of anything interesting has always been published in the KM. The only purpose for that mag is advert income.

I don't usually get to games early enough to bother, but when I do I generally find it a decent read..