Is Graham Potter The Man To Bring Back The Swansea Way? | Vital Football

Is Graham Potter The Man To Bring Back The Swansea Way?

No thanks
Bob Bradley - Stabaek Norway, Le Havre France, Swans
Graham Potter - University of Hull, Ostersunds FK Sweden, Swans?

Graham Potter - took a Swedish side from the bottom tier to the top. Has Bob done anything close to that? Potter didn't have any money to help him do that either. It's like a real-life Football Manager game.

....but in Sweden, what is the standard of the Swedish league.
I am hoping for an experienced and respected manager who is not a yes man, can sort us out, and get our renowned passing game back.

....but in Sweden, what is the standard of the Swedish league.
I am hoping for an experienced and respected manager who is not a yes man, can sort us out, and get our renowned passing game back.

I can only imagine the standard is rather poor, but then again, they did beat Arsenal in the Europa league at their place. Not only that, but he did all of this without financial backing, he had to bring in local players, work with them closely and develop them not only as footballers but as people too, as a number of them were at a crossroads in their careers, which is why we hear of his unorthodox methods to get the best out of them. Considering he's been able to maintain this success over a number of seasons and build something that was really broken speaks volumes for me.

Whoever it is please don’t let us do a Sunderland. This Championship football is a different animal to the PL, and the likes of Warnock know what it takes to be a success there, 8 promotions on a budget in his managerial career, but not pretty to watch.
Another please, don’t let it be bookies favourite Chris Coleman!

I'd have Carvalhal back over Coleman I think! Potter is still the only one of be interested in, not keen on De Boer.

It looks like Stoke are interested in Potter now that they’ve sacked Lambert.
He is an ex player of theirs so would likely favour a return there over Swansea.
A record 15 PL managers sacked this season as the merry go round continues.
Moyes - West Ham, Allardyce - Everton, Carvalhal - Swansea, and Lambert - Stoke, in the last week alone.
Allardyce (some fans favour him coming here to get us back up) made an estimated 9 million for 6 months work at Everton, and guided them to eighth in the table after taking over when they were near the bottom. A multi millionaire, he doesn’t need to work again, and at 63 years old will probably retire?

Stoke are also interested in Nigel Pearson and Mick McCarthy. Two names I'd hope we'll never be linked with!

Potter would be a risk but isn't that what we've done before with managers and been successful from it? Rather than playing it safe. He sounds like the type who is capable of a long term plan, we'd just need to be all in on it and be patient.