Is Collymore a complete idiot, or just a part time one? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Is Collymore a complete idiot, or just a part time one?

Do you believe the ‘revenue’ we have accrued to purchase the likes of Lamela, Llorente, Sissoko, Janssen etc is good enough to get us over the line to win prizes!?
No I don't, but I honestly believe we will see a step up in quality of the type of players we are after. But we still need to be careful IMO, we probably need to bring in two proven and a couple of potential.
By and large I have supported Levy's cautious approach, but if he doesn't give Poch the £150m I think he needs I will be disappointed.
Everything is almost in place for us to become a serious player, we simply can't waste this opportunity.

To answer the thread question posed....

It takes real skill dedication and commitment to be a full time success in anything so I do not reckon he can be a complete idiot as he fails in all the qualities to reach that success..

He is not an idiot, quite the opposite. He does have mental health issues though which is not his fault. He is probably playing the wind up game to get media attention and it's working.

No I don't, but I honestly believe we will see a step up in quality of the type of players we are after. But we still need to be careful IMO, we probably need to bring in two proven and a couple of potential.
By and large I have supported Levy's cautious approach, but if he doesn't give Poch the £150m I think he needs I will be disappointed.
Everything is almost in place for us to become a serious player, we simply can't waste this opportunity.

Do you see Top, we both want the same thing - the best for our club.

He is not an idiot, quite the opposite. He does have mental health issues though which is not his fault. He is probably playing the wind up game to get media attention and it's working.

never heard him say anything remotely interesting or accurate - he's a poor man's Adrian Durham, except Durham has an IQ.

never heard him say anything remotely interesting or accurate - he's a poor man's Adrian Durham, except Durham has an IQ.

RD - Adrian Durham is much worse in my opinion. All he ever does is take a devil's advocate position on a topic rather than offer his own honest thoughts. He then blows it out of all proportion and sensationalises it and lets the thick fans rather than the intelligent ones get through the switchboard. He then gets his little puppet Goughy to keep interrupting them to make them look stupid and calls it entertainment. It's just the same routine day after day on Talksport.

As for the Collymore debate, bring it on. The intelligent Liverpool fans know that their club is run like Spurs. They know neither John Henry or the Fenway Group have hundreds of millions to throw at their club and have just been working the Suarez, Coutinho and Red Sox World Series win money for the last few years. That has got them this far and they know they have a great guy in Klopp at the helm. He buys quality over quantity and makes do with a small squad.

Like Spurs, LFC is a happy camp with probably about 60-70m more turnover to play with on an annual basis. That goes a long way. Today's deal of Fabinho is another reminder that £39m can get you a very decent utility player that doesn't make a country's World Cup squad. Klopp has another one in Emre Can walking out the door on a freebie. That could put him in the same place season over season from an overall squad perspective.

As for the Collymore debate, bring it on. The intelligent Liverpool fans know that their club is run like Spurs. They know neither John Henry or the Fenway Group have hundreds of millions to throw at their club and have just been working the Suarez, Coutinho and Red Sox World Series win money for the last few years. That has got them this far and they know they have a great guy in Klopp at the helm. He buys quality over quantity and makes do with a small squad.

Like Spurs, LFC is a happy camp with probably about 60-70m more turnover to play with on an annual basis. That goes a long way. Today's deal of Fabinho is another reminder that £39m can get you a very decent utility player that doesn't make a country's World Cup squad. Klopp has another one in Emre Can walking out the door on a freebie. That could put him in the same place season over season from an overall squad perspective.

On the plus side Can * is better than this lad fabinho. Keita I'm hoping is Bakayoko Mark 2.

RD - Adrian Durham is much worse in my opinion. All he ever does is take a devil's advocate position on a topic rather than offer his own honest thoughts. He then blows it out of all proportion and sensationalises it and lets the thick fans rather than the intelligent ones get through the switchboard. He then gets his little puppet Goughy to keep interrupting them to make them look stupid and calls it entertainment. It's just the same routine day after day on Talksport.

I agree with you there Muttley , there were some days when I just couldn't believe the crap I was hearing , coming from his gob . It's obviously a clever routine that gets him talked about , gets him publicity , boosts his listener figures, but ultimately leaves him in the same old cramped little studio , never seeing the light of day , apparently happy in his own little world.
Stopped listening to him years ago . I'm very surprised actually that he and Darren Gough ,especially ,are still there . I stopped listening when Keys and Gray got their grubby little hands on a slot

I agree with you there Muttley , there were some days when I just couldn't believe the crap I was hearing , coming from his gob . It's obviously a clever routine that gets him talked about , gets him publicity , boosts his listener figures, but ultimately leaves him in the same old cramped little studio , never seeing the light of day , apparently happy in his own little world.
Stopped listening to him years ago . I'm very surprised actually that he and Darren Gough ,especially ,are still there . I stopped listening when Keys and Gray got their grubby little hands on a slot

Coming back from an England away game and had the misfortune to sit the row behind Richard Keys on the plane. Whilst most of the press core are always great to be around, this guy was a complete knob. He even got the person that was sat next to him moved by the air stewardesses for a 90 min flight. Didn't enjoy the way he spoke with the stewardesses either and wasn't surprised that some time after all that stuff blew up on Sky with him and Gray. Horrible little man.

Still love Hawksby and Jacobs though.

Coming back from an England away game and had the misfortune to sit the row behind Richard Keys on the plane. Whilst most of the press core are always great to be around, this guy was a complete knob. He even got the person that was sat next to him moved by the air stewardesses for a 90 min flight. Didn't enjoy the way he spoke with the stewardesses either and wasn't surprised that some time after all that stuff blew up on Sky with him and Gray. Horrible little man.

Still love Hawksby and Jacobs though.

Yeah , you are right about Hawksby and Jacobs . Just about the only place on the planet where Spurs and Chavs get along and have a laugh . . Now you've said that I've started to miss them , I will have a listen in tomorrow .
Glad to say I've never had the 'pleasure' of being in Keys company . Absolute bigot . He will never change