Is Being A Manchester City Blue Becoming Dull? | Vital Football

Is Being A Manchester City Blue Becoming Dull?

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
This article was written by Jacob Beaver: I used to look forward to watching Manchester City play more than anything, even more than receiving presents on my birthday or waking up on Christmas morning. Now I’m bored of seeing a predictable style of passing, tiki-taka style. It is pointless, irritating and belongs in Spain. I am fed up with winning just about every game we play. It is too predictable.

https://manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/is-being-a-manchester-city-blue-becoming-dull/

At 60 I don’t class myself as old. I don’t receive my state pension for another couple of years, and occasionally I find I have a spring in my step. My faculties are intact; I wish I could understand why supporting my team, the team I have followed since the early 1960’s feels different these days.

I am three years younger and don't miss mid table mediocrity at all, i want us to batter every team before us and love the fact we are now talked about in the way the scum used to be you hardly hear their name mentioned on the radio these days and when it is its usually when their fans ring in to bitch about how shit they are doing, happy days.

Last edited:
This article was written by Jacob Beaver: I used to look forward to watching Manchester City play more than anything, even more than receiving presents on my birthday or waking up on Christmas morning. Now I’m bored of seeing a predictable style of passing, tiki-taka style. It is pointless, irritating and belongs in Spain. I am fed up with winning just about every game we play. It is too predictable.

https://manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/is-being-a-manchester-city-blue-becoming-dull/

he needs to have a course in boring and go and watch Stretford for a few games.

I shit myself every time we play the Liverpool, rags not so much.

I shit myself before every game, right now I'm thinking fuck! Burnley... banana skin written all over it... ah no they're poor this year... yeah but Hart is going to have a stormer... he's bound to.... sure it's a given... ah no we should do it.. fuck! we better do it.

And go through a similar mental workout before every game.

Last edited:
1. No. Unless you are a Sky executive and, frustrated and desperate because your beloved rags are serving up such garbage, you feel that the only way you can get your own back is to deny others from watching a better standard of football.

2. Where does this thread live/start? I came across it on the Page Manchester City Forms listed next to City Chat but when I go to the City Chat forum........it is nowhere to be seen. I can only access it from the main Forums page and then I cannot find the beginning of the thread. Am I the only one experiencing this strange manifestation?

1. No. Unless you are a Sky executive and, frustrated and desperate because your beloved rags are serving up such garbage, you feel that the only way you can get your own back is to deny others from watching a better standard of football.

2. Where does this thread live/start? I came across it on the Page Manchester City Forms listed next to City Chat but when I go to the City Chat forum........it is nowhere to be seen. I can only access it from the main Forums page and then I cannot find the beginning of the thread. Am I the only one experiencing this strange manifestation?

it is the one posted by Tudor and refers to a home page article.

I can see it fine in City Chat Skoorb, maybe try a cookie delete, I did it the other day and it sorted out a few techy issues I was having.

I'm 59 and have supported City since i was 8. I have enough painful memories in the bank , i don't need anymore. The way i am wired, i just don't get this 'bored of winning' attitude and questions of 'will we be shit again?' that i have read on other City forum. There are still too many disappointments for me and although i can accept losing as part of the game, it still hurts just as much now as it did when i was a kid. If fans are bored with winning then equally they aren't bothered about losing either? This probably explains the quiet atmosphere at the ground for most games. Everyoe is entitled to their opinion, but a fan that prefers their team when they fuck up or lose regularly ain't for me. Can have the debate all day long about the tippy tappy football style but i much prefer that we play with the ball rather than the opposition. The stats don't support that it is boring football and they can mix it up and play direct football when it is called for. Great teams have always had possession, kept control of the ball and worked the opposition relentlessly . City are a very very good team, but not yet great. Win in Europe and at home and they're will achieve that accolade. I fully appreciate the investment, the owners, the manager, the players and the background staff for what the club has become and the results they are getting . More of the same please. If the spoilt fans are getting bored just re read some of the City history or watch a few shit games and managers on youtube, sorry i don't want those days again, i think its fucking great that no one laughs at us anymore, ( Apart from Wigan x 2, Champions League, United title clincher, Liverpool losses empty grounds, lack of atmosphere etc). Most football fans would kill to be in our position. My honest opinion ? the club deserves better fans , it is us that is letting the club down. Fans are often described as the 12th man on the pitch - our fans at the moment have the effect of reducing us to 10 men. We are sucking the atmosphere and life out of our club. Get a grip. Rant over

Brilliant post Troutman, Yes it does still hurt every time they lose and I would never get tired of City winning.
I started watching in the 65/66 season in the old second division under the shadow of the Stretford Mob.

I note your comment regarding better fans, there are exceptions like Jacob Beaver, but you have to give some lee-way to the older City fan and even after 10 years of great football they still do not know whether it is all a dream, thank goodness there are the younger generation who have only tasted success like never before.

Brilliant post Troutman, Yes it does still hurt every time they lose and I would never get tired of City winning.
I started watching in the 65/66 season in the old second division under the shadow of the Stretford Mob.

I note your comment regarding better fans, there are exceptions like Jacob Beaver, but you have to give some lee-way to the older City fan and even after 10 years of great football they still do not know whether it is all a dream, thank goodness there are the younger generation who have only tasted success like never before.
Yes, but the younger fans could be in danger of turning into the kind of fans the rags are - arrogant and entitled.

Whilst I would not like that to happen, if it does then I hope there is a lesson for the arrogant fans of other Clubs.

You will always get an arrogant fan in every Club, they are an embarrassment to us all and can easily be spotted as they wear blinkers