Irish Border | Vital Football

Irish Border

ChipButtyBlade

Vital Squad Member
Wonder how Trump would solve this conundrum........build a wall,,,,,,dig a trench.......divert a river.

Its certainly going to be the one thing that kills Brexit.

The Irish border was never mentioned before the vote,i voted to leave but if i had known about what problems the border was going to cause i would have voted to stay.

To quote a Game of Thrones saying Winter is Coming...................No Deal is Coming.

More than half a million on that Peoples March today.

The devil is always in the detail, but sadly instead of taking the initiative and leading, Theresa May is fudging and flopping. Her squirming is made more delicious that the DUP have the votes to put her out of office, since the abortive attempt to consolidate her mandate through a General Election. There is no compromise position. She has to force through a border control, and doing so will take her down. Its a buggers muddle alright.

David Cameron is a weak and contemptable arsehole for allowing us to vote on the question, and Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage are contemptable cowards for running away from the consequences of the vote, rather than leading the process. We could have followed the Canadian model, or the Norwegian model, or something based on them but we were left with a vacuum that could only be filled by people who deeply do not want this to work on any level.

Arse...

PS. Trump is a bully and a dreadful narcissist. There is something really not right under the owd red Shreaded Wheat he keeps on his head. But then there is a lot wrong with American society, and them holding themselves up as a beacon of democracy is absurd

Last edited:
The thing is CBB, the time for chopping May and getting someone in who can get the job done is long since passed. Increasingly looks like Rees-Mogg is the one we'll end up with, and he looks to have less personality than a tea tray and the empathy of feckin Himmler. RMs just another feckin Tory boy with no vision for the future other than his personal ambition of 'Become Prime Minister' like that arse Johnson.

Our only hope (Lord help and preserve us...) is a General Election and a Labour win. Its like being given the choice of being shot or hanged.

There is a very important vote or two happening in The Commons on Wednesday,i have heard mutterings that if those votes go the wrong way for the Govt,its game over.

Heidi Allen she would make a very nice Tory Prime Minister.

Heidi Allen she would make a very nice Tory Prime Minister.

She'd be appealing as a dinner guest, or a companion on a summer picnic, however, she is a kid at 43 with limited experience, and a history of saying much and doing little (like her heart-felt opposition to the Tories Tax Credit Cuts, then voting in support of them...she's got the same morals as Boris Johnson ffs...).

I like my Prime Ministers to be crusty owd b'stards who've stood in the fire, lived life, been educated by it, raised a family, made mistakes, built a business, fought for their membership, and are in it to improve the country and not to fill in for a while before they can take advantage of the non-Exec directorships and lecture tours. I suspect that such people will never again be in power. Eton to Oxford to the House of Commons, with no experience of anything else... Wankers.

She'd be appealing as a dinner guest, or a companion on a summer picnic, however, she is a kid at 43 with limited experience, and a history of saying much and doing little (like her heart-felt opposition to the Tories Tax Credit Cuts, then voting in support of them...she's got the same morals as Boris Johnson ffs...).

I like my Prime Ministers to be crusty owd b'stards who've stood in the fire, lived life, been educated by it, raised a family, made mistakes, built a business, fought for their membership, and are in it to improve the country and not to fill in for a while before they can take advantage of the non-Exec directorships and lecture tours. I suspect that such people will never again be in power. Eton to Oxford to the House of Commons, with no experience of anything else... Wankers.

Sounds like you would prefer Anna Soubry.
:rofl: