Ipswich | Vital Football

Ipswich

Lark

Vital Football Hero
Have sold out their 2,100 allocation for our match. I thought the Town End held more than that?
Apparently they aren’t being given any more tickets which seems strange when there will only be 4-5k Gills fans there.

I believe 2100 is basically the capacity of the away end so they get that only. The issue will be one of segretation and not allowing more fans into the "home" area even if Ipswich aren't exactly known for their hooligans.

While we have given the end of the Gordon Road stand to away teams on occassions, there is a difference when there are only a few hundred away supporters from some northern club and 2100 plus that would be there with Ipswich.

I assumed they would get the end block of Gordon road also as a covered seating option for their fans. I guess there may also be a few in top tier of Medway stand if they buy watch wine and dine tickets / some other club’s fans have done this before

The BMS always was, or quoted to be 3,400, that might have been reduced on the latest safety certificate.

The BMS always was, or quoted to be 3,400, that might have been reduced on the latest safety certificate.
There seems to be a lot of netting across sections of the seats now, so the capacity has probably reduced from when it first opened.

They are a force in league one and will have good following at every away game, however they think they are massive club , (compared too us they are ) hope we do them with plenty of shots on the ground. Now that will be clash of the managers.

They are a force in league one and will have good following at every away game, however they think they are massive club , (compared too us they are ) hope we do them with plenty of shots on the ground. Now that will be clash of the managers.

Yep, might be more about the Goalies than the managers.....

I sit in the Medway lower and this happens against Millwall/Charlton/Sunderland etc. What annoys me is when they score a goal and they celebrate the stewards do fuck all. Yet when I shout ' sit down you c unt' that's unacceptable?! Madness
Why shouldn't they celebrate?

They're in the wrong end mate.
Not if they buy watch, wine and dine. Club's obviously allocated them seats there. The stewards would have responded to the c-bomb.

As an aside (and not aimed at Billy) I've always found it strange how some fans get wound up by opposing fans celebrating. Providing it's not excessive abuse aimed at you why worry? Should you also not celebrate then? It's the same with fans who complain when a player celebrates, especially if they cup an ear or put a finger to their lips. You gives it, you takes it.

Not if they buy watch, wine and dine. Club's obviously allocated them seats there. The stewards would have responded to the c-bomb.

As an aside (and not aimed at Billy) I've always found it strange how some fans get wound up by opposing fans celebrating. Providing it's not excessive abuse aimed at you why worry? Should you also not celebrate then? It's the same with fans who complain when a player celebrates, especially if they cup an ear or put a finger to their lips. You gives it, you takes it.

Completely agree with the player example mate but with fans it's different. If we go one nil down at home I don't want someone standing up and cheering in the next block or right above me. It takes the piss imo but each to their own.

I see on Facebook, that Ipswich Fans are saying they've already got tickets for other areas of the ground.