Ipswich | Page 4 | Vital Football

Ipswich

Pleased they didn't appoint the Cowleys. Although Cook on paper is a decent appointment you just know the Cowleys would have been better and made them even more of a challenger.

Pleased they didn't appoint the Cowleys. Although Cook on paper is a decent appointment you just know the Cowleys would have been better and made them even more of a challenger.

I think they will be very strong under Paul Cook. He is a decent manager at this level and I can see Ipswich building on their recent two wins and going well.

Cook is a good appointment.

Might just be a coincidence but I think the last three Club's he's took charge of have all gone into financial difficulty with him at the helm (Chesterfield, Portsmouth, Wigan)?

Depends on the setup I suppose but in general I don't think it's a manager's job to ensure a club doesn't get into financial trouble. Most managers are obviously going to push for more money, it's up to the Chief Exec/Board to ensure that they don't spend more than is affordable.

Might just be a coincidence but I think the last three Club's he's took charge of have all gone into financial difficulty with him at the helm (Chesterfield, Portsmouth, Wigan)?

One could have said the same about Michael Appleton..

I think it's a bit unfair on him to directly link him with Wigan's financial meltdown