IPSWICH | Page 5 | Vital Football

IPSWICH

Ok, I'm taking a view.

Obi, Long, Merrie. None of them have any significant experience in the league. It's easy to forget that Tom Pearce has played less than 20 competitive games as well, since we know him already. I'll take Solomon-Otabor on the chin. I didn't realise he'd played as many games as he had before joining us; now I've looked him up then fair enough, he shouldn't be overly nervy.

Obi is having a total mare, but to be fair to him, he wasn't ready yet and we already knew that. Hopefully throwing him in the deep end as we've had to do will make him learn faster.

Obi was seen as a great prospect, and with more first team action, he may improve very quickly. Hope he does... Will need some of the older lads to put their arm round his shoulders and pick him up, because this performance can't have done his confidence any good. I'll reserve judgement until we've seen another ten games or so. Like I said, Dan Burn was embarrassingly bad in his first few games, then it suddenly clicked for him and we know the story after that. I hope Obi can do something similar.

Long looks ready. He's played well today all things considered and he'll only get better with more game time. Merrie is no cause for concern either.

I think we'll be ok this year. No title run, but we're good enough to stay afloat in this league from what I've seen. There are definitely enough worse teams in League One that we shouldn't be in a relegation scrap. If new owners come on board in the next few weeks and put in a bit of cash, who knows? Honestly, I'd say we only need 3-4 players to be very comfortable at this level. It's not a strong division.

Both Evans and Obi have been terrible, the other young lads have been great though, thought Merrie was great. Obi just got skinned again, horrendous performance, but why play Obi at right back is my question? Evans, Naismith could play there no problem.

Feel sorry for Obi, looks like he’s not ready for this level. Think we all knew there would be some youngsters who get caught out. It’s not his fault so he needs help easing into the squad.
Not as bad as it could have been today. Credit to all of them they’ve not stopped working. Going to be a long season.

can’t fault any of the players today. It must be hard to motivate yourself with everything going on at the club and also no fans allowed in the stadiums. With the road it’s going the season might get stopped again anyway. It had a pre season friendly feel about it, no tempo and out of possession our players switched off too often.

I’ll be honest whilst I’ve got the game on I’ve no real interest in it.

We’ve been raped of players and I’m surprised it’s only two nil. Pointless trying to pass judgement given the nature of the team and how it’s had to be put together. The obi pile in seems a bit unnecessary given the circumstances in which he’s had to play.

Ipswich haven’t been that much better which perhaps demonstrates the poor quality at this level. We desperately need an owner quick to get some players in before the transfer window shuts. Even then we’ll be in a relegation battle but given the standard of opposition it may not be a foregone conclusion.

Feel Sorry for the Lad. He's a centre half playing full back and positionally is nowhere near his man. Heading been poor all afternoon and every chance has fell to him at the other end. Good experience for the Lad but he's not ready at minute and it shows.

C’Mon guys Get off the boys back - yes he’s made some mistakes today but it’s his debut and it takes time - hopefully he’ll get it together and prove himself over the next few games he’s a big strong lad and I think we should give him our support at this difficult time for everybody !

I think without Naismith it could have been much worse, however we do look decent going forward, we just need much more time playing as a team. We have to remember that although a fair few players have had plenty of experience it's only Naismith who would have been a first choice player last season. It's going to be an up hill struggle for next few months but we have to stick behind them and sadly social media is the only way we can do this at the moment.
It's certainly not all doom and gloom!

Obi just lacked Fox bollocking him and keeping him focussed, something young players with lack of experience has. Think if he is in the centre next to Fox, he will grow into a decent player, he has the physique for it. He had a howler, a terrible performance, that is reality, and everyone needs to accept that, he will only get strong from it when you learn from mistakes and bad games. Takes shocking performances to learn.

It would have been suicide to start with 2 youngsters down the middle so he had to take the hit and shift wide. It's hard enough for a kid making his debut as it is but to move in to an unfamiliar position makes it hard for everyone. If he stuck that one in after 5 minutes then he would have an entirely different game. As it was he chased himself and suffered more as he lost his cool. He's young and will be beating himself up. The temptation to read every report and comment will be huge, but we have enough experience about the place to tell him not to dwell and reset, show us what we know you're capable of. There's a lot of promise in that team that played today

It would have been suicide to start with 2 youngsters down the middle so he had to take the hit and shift wide. It's hard enough for a kid making his debut as it is but to move in to an unfamiliar position makes it hard for everyone. If he stuck that one in after 5 minutes then he would have an entirely different game. As it was he chased himself and suffered more as he lost his cool. He's young and will be beating himself up. The temptation to read every report and comment will be huge, but we have enough experience about the place to tell him not to dwell and reset, show us what we know you're capable of. There's a lot of promise in that team that played today

Personally its good for him to feel upset and blame himself for the result, infact that would be the best thing for him and I am sure he feels that way, doing so allows him and motivates him to work harder, he gained more experience today than all the games he played combined in his career so far.