Ipswich win | Vital Football

Ipswich win

Kentbee

Vital Reserves Team
Some are saying it was a poor performance but I thought it was more a tough game against an opponent doing everything to stop us playing, something I guess we have got very used to this season.

In the end we dug out a deserved win with a penalty which was stupidly given away by their defender. If the opposition play like that it is hard to put on an exciting game so overall I thought we did OK.

A win against Forest and we can approach the big derby next Saturday with something to play for.

I thought we played well in difficult circumstances. They were niggly, often dirty and cynical, sat back and just tried to kill of any semblence of a game. same as any time we play them. How Ipswich fans put up with that week in week out, I don't have a clue, especially those who came up watching Whymark, Viljoen, Gates, Woods etc.
Liked how Maupay was determined to get to take the penalty, showed he was confident enough to want it.
Stupid foul to give away and once again McCarthy shows himself to be a complete prick with his "Never a penalty" comment. I had same view as him and it was the best angle to see the blatant push. Nearly as bad as his idiotic "Wasn't even a yellow card" comment on the Hyams assault on Judge.

Wrote a long reply to your post KentBee and for some reason it wasn't submitted & lost. 20 mins I'll not get back. Thought the result was all at mattered on Sat, but that the football was boring and has been at GP for a few weeks now. Pragmatic DS has returned and you can't knock it as we're in with a small chance of the PO's and worst case should achieve his best finish since becoming manager. We lack width and pace without Flo, and all our passing is across the pitch and in front of defences - that said we look more solid. So we've ground out points but not enough wins to genuinely challenge. Recently the performances of Mepham have been the best reason for going. - a £20M bees player if ever I saw one. More than happy with how we're doiing and let's see where we end up, still loads to play for. The division has been more physical & negative this year and we'll have to think hard about the make up of our squad assuming we're in it next season. I'll be at Fulham - hope we shift a few more tickets. Win tonight and keep it interesting- COYR

I agree that DS has some thinking to do about next season in how to get round the negative tactics of the opposition which has been a real feature this season. I guess you could call it as a big compliment to us in that teams feel the need to play like that, Rowett’s comment that “you don’t play football against Brentford” really sticks in the mind.

At least Fulham will not play like that in what should be a very open game, looking forward to it as always a good away game. There will be dropped points above us for some teams this weekend so a draw would not be the end of things, gonna be a very difficult game for us though as they are flying.

We create more chances than any other club in the league, but are the fourth worst at converting them. Would rather we solved that problem than hire a bunch of cloggers in mid-field.