Ipswich v Villa Saturday 21st April 15.00 Kick Off | Page 8 | Vital Football

Ipswich v Villa Saturday 21st April 15.00 Kick Off

Perspective is funny isn't it.

Inc Cup for relevant club level.

Kodjia - 28. 92 Championship starts. 9 subs. 40 goals.
Hogan - 26. 57 Championship starts. 30 subs. 31 goals.
I’ve seen Hogan , not great. I’ve seen Kodjia, looks a player. Make no mistake £12m on Hogan is pissed up the wall

Crikey. We've just had a pretty good win and and all some people can do is rubbish Hogan. Bet the same people used to rubbish Bent when he was here.

Hogan's record shows he can score goals. He looked OK when he was given a run. Whether he "fits our style" is irrevelant because we don't have a style as such; how we play can change. He is a useful player for us. He may yet prove to be a very useful player for us.

Crikey. We've just had a pretty good win and and all some people can do is rubbish Hogan. Bet the same people used to rubbish Bent when he was here.

Hogan's record shows he can score goals. He looked OK when he was given a run. Whether he "fits our style" is irrevelant because we don't have a style as such; how we play can change. He is a useful player for us. He may yet prove to be a very useful player for us.
Oh God Bent...that would've been a better example than Lineker!

Basically we need everyone on board and preoared for what's ahead. A new hero or two may be about to be born.
They have the chance don't they, over to them to seize it.

I don't remember Ian Taylor scoring like Frank Lampard. Or creating chances like Beckham/Fabregas, or mixing in like Vieira etc etc etc.

He was just 100% reliable in every aspect and I never once came away from VP thinking he'd had a bad game. In the modern game we berate players who don't stand out (irrespective of what they do) and laud players who stand out (whilst doing fuck all for the rest of the time).

Maybe the game has made fans this way where we're critical of everything and every word spoken or maybe society is now just so 'social media' without recourse that we force clubs in canning managers/players because they can never be enough and we feel overly self important given the anonymity and ease of the internet?

Let's hope for the Play-Offs everyone puts themselves into legend status on an effort front....effort is surely all we can ask?

Appreciated! Nice to know on occasions it's not 'just me' lol

Shame, I was hoping for far more Hogan myself, but I can't judge the player if we don't lean on his strengths. You don't employ a master forger and ask him to create paint by numbers books, just like you wouldn't employ a financial wizard and then make him write company manuals.

image.jpg

Portman Road

NuIk1NS.jpg

Villa Park

Yes. If we play Kodjia then also Grabban surely has to start . That would probably mean both Albert and Hogan on the bench.

Grabban is a very good footballer not sure why he hasn't nailed down a club for any length of time , but I hope we can get him permanently.