Ipswich v Villa Saturday 21st April 15.00 Kick Off | Page 7 | Vital Football

Ipswich v Villa Saturday 21st April 15.00 Kick Off

138 games.
53 goals.

2/3 years effectively out injured.

Play to his strengths he scores. Lineker didn't need to know what a ball was.

He is so low on confidence, you can almost sense his nerves in the stands when he’s running towards and trying to control a ball it’s painful. He had a moment against Leeds where a simple touch went out of play, the crowd groans and he looks that little bit more fed up.

Best thing for all parties is for Hogan to move and get his confidence back. Good luck to him too, it’s not all down to him he hasn’t been a success.

I'm here all night.

Are glass ankles available?

Lineker's a good point though...how often did he do more than take a final touch? We didn't play to Crouch's strengths is he shit as well?

Absolutely Dan...I'd rather we played him right though and got the best out of him rather than seeing somebody else benefit.

I just think we have 2 strikers who are clearly better, another who is potentially a good prospect, and a few midfielders who can attack and allow us to play a different formation.

I don’t see how he fits into the current setup without changing it to suit him, however it isn’t warranted.

You mean apart from a few knocks this year?

Doesn't matter whether he's confident or whether he's 100% fit. We don't use him right. You wouldn't stick Ronaldo in goal or Messi at left back. You wouldn't expect Harry Kane to score at his rate with our service to strikers would you?

lol JPA

I'm not necessarily disagreeing Dan. We are more suited to Koj and Grabban's style of play and they benefit where as Hogan doesn't. I think we'd be better suited playing to his strengths though as we won't get far in the top flight again if our attitude to the Villa Engine is a big bastard upfront and we think it's the 60's still.

Rule out playing to Hogan's strengths as a striker turning on the shoulder and we might as rule out RHM now from what I've seen as he's a similar mould as well.

Perspective is funny isn't it.

Inc Cup for relevant club level.

Kodjia - 28. 92 Championship starts. 9 subs. 40 goals.
Hogan - 26. 57 Championship starts. 30 subs. 31 goals.

we won't get far in the top flight again if our attitude to the Villa Engine is a big bastard upfront and we think it's the 60's still.

Yes, if we go up I can't wait to see our 4-1-5 formation in action against Man City :lol:

We have some good players here, no doubt. Despite what I keep seeing on here, we don't have the best squad in the Champ, let alone the best team.