Ipswich v Villa Saturday 21st April 15.00 Kick Off | Page 9 | Vital Football

Ipswich v Villa Saturday 21st April 15.00 Kick Off

Yes. If we play Kodjia then also Grabban surely has to start . That would probably mean both Albert and Hogan on the bench.

Grabban is a very good footballer not sure why he hasn't nailed down a club for any length of time , but I hope we can get him permanently.

I think Grabban is one of those players who is too good for the championship but not good enough for the premier league and that’s why he’s constantly bouncing around clubs trying to find his own level.

Hogan and Grabban are similar players, both strikers who are in the team to score goals, but the difference is one has scored 7 goals in 13 league matches for us and the other has scored 7 in 49. You can say we shouldn’t criticise our own players but for one of the most expensive strikers in this division that is an embarrassing record.

Hogan is a goalscorer pure and simple. Grabban is a much better all round footballer. Clever as well , more a poor mans Teddy Sheringham if you like. He is the top scorer in the Championship this season which says a lot considering where Sunderland have finished.

Personally I'd like to see Koj on the left of a three with Grabban central and Albert in his natural position of wide right . we'd have that all essential pace down both flanks then . I know I'm in a minority here but Snoddy is to much of a ball hog for me slows any breaks we get by not releasing the ball quick enough . Looks great beating the full back 3 times but by then the defence is set for the cross . Albert beats his man and the cross comes on . I'd play snoddy more central in place of Hourihane .
Him and Jack behind the Grabber with the man everyone hates Whelan doing the dirty stuff he does so well .

Not going to happen but would be interesting

I think to play Hogan and get him scoring we'd need a quarterback like that little ginger bloke Woods at Brentford who can hit 50 yard passes . We play with a defensive destroyer like Jedi or Whelan who are never going to pick Hogans runs .
We play down the flanks not through the middle hence Scott looking a complete miss fit

Just watched Lansbury's goal again , 50 yard crossfield pass that Neves would have been proud of then runs 40 yards to get on the end of Barneys perfect cross , what a jolly good goal it was

Seems to me we're still building a team. We've come a fair way. In spite of the annoying blips, we're looking a greater force than we were; beating Wolves and Cardiff shows how far we have come.

We can hope for better next season if we're still in the Championship (and have retained enough good players). With more confidence I think we can vary our game more, to greater effect. I think that means we can accommodate different types of players. There is room for both Hogan and Grabban. Question is can we afford to.

Just watched Lansbury's goal again , 50 yard crossfield pass that Neves would have been proud of then runs 40 yards to get on the end of Barneys perfect cross , what a jolly good goal it was

We played some very decent football in the second half. 10 men or not.

Villa to make it 3 wins on the spin, and the Bruce Out boys to be out in full force because he made a substitution on the 72nd minute instead of the 58th.

I wasn't far off with my prediction.... just replace the substitution with the team selection.