Ipswich v Villa Saturday 21st April 15.00 Kick Off | Vital Football

Ipswich v Villa Saturday 21st April 15.00 Kick Off

sirdennis

Alert Team
It's about time we had a thread for this game.

Another must win game to keep the faint hopes of going up automatically alive.

We will have had a week or more to recover from the 5 games in 13 days spell so hopefully we will be refreshed and ready to take advantage of a managerless Ipswich.

Strange kick off time though. It will never catch on.

Yes, ridiculous kick off time. I wonder if it will affect us?

We should have too much for Ipswich, although I wonder of they will enjoy some 'no manager bounce'? :rotfl:

It seems to be all or nothing with the Tractor Boys - they don't draw many - so I'll go 2-0 Villa as we pursue automatic promotion, ultimately in vain I suspect.

Villa to make it 3 wins on the spin, and the Bruce Out boys to be out in full force because he made a substitution on the 72nd minute instead of the 58th.

With Millwall playing Fulham Friday night down the New Den a win for the violent, racist thugs will hopefully give our boys a boost for the Ipswich game. Just like the last time there was a big Friday night game followed by a trip to East Anglia.
I'll get me coat.

There shouldn't be any pressure on us as automatic promotion is a long shot at this stage.

So just go out and win 6-0 to boost our goal difference so we finish in the top 2, easy.

We haven't lost away to Ipswich in the league since 1984.

Since then we've traveled to Portman Road 8 times, winning 4 and drawing 4.

We haven't lost away to Ipswich in the league since 1984.

Since then we've traveled to Portman Road 8 times, winning 4 and drawing 4.
I made similar comments with regard to our excellent record against Norwich going back thirteen years and look what happened, a 3-1 lash up.
Therefor safety first it is ,1-1, with Grabban getting another.

Beat Ipswich and we should beat Derby. Millwall may be tough but that's the sort of match we can win as well. Could finish on a flourish. Interesting end to the season. As said, by Tuesday night we'll have a better idea of where we stand.

I'm more worried about Millwall than the next two. Quietly gone about their business and done bloody well on a shoestring budget much like Sheff U.

Last time I went to Ipswich we sat in the home end with away fans to our right and went mental when dalian Atkinson equalised,as did many other villa fans in the stand.

Last time I went to Portman Road was 1981 and there was one hell of a scrap after the game.