Ipswich v Swans | Vital Football

Ipswich v Swans

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Ipswich have won only 1 of their last 10 matches, away 1-2 at Bolton.

Swans have won 5 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches, all wins at home.

Ipswich last 6 home matches: DDLDLD F5 A8 Pts 4

Swans last 6 away matches: LLLLLL F3 A15 Pts 0

Swans away form since the turn of the year is of huge concern and is the reason why we are not challenging for promotion.

Last away match we were totally outplayed and lost 4-0 to QPR, who had only won once previously this year.

Defensively we are very weak and conceding goals from set pieces in all matches has been ongoing all season, our coaching team seemingly unable to rectify the problem with the squad of players available.

Added to our set piece woes is the fact that we have a midfield that won’t tackle and are weak in the air, and full backs that are unable to stop crosses into the box as highlighted in the Rotherham match.

Eastern Airways just arrived in Cardiff at 8:20pm from London Stansted (47 miles from Ipswich) with the team on board.

Pleased for the Jack Army faithful who made the long 574 mile round trip, about 5 hours or more each way depending on traffic.

Didn’t go to this match, had enough after travelling to watch us at QPR.
I haven’t watched it or heard match commentary either, so can’t really give a report.
Looked at BBC text and both teams hit the post with Swans players missing plenty of chances.
We’re up to 10th in the table on 62 points, 5 points off the play-offs with 3 games to go, two at home, so near yet so far. All those points dropped away from home have cost us dearly.

can't blame you Keith!

I didn't see the game either but great to see us win away at last and keep a clean sheet. We conceded a number of chances from corners but they didn't score them this time around. Play-off hopes still very slim but they're still there, I have a feeling we'll be left to rue a defeat that we should have won but a strong finish and a top 8 place will give us good belief to improve next season.

We can but hope that this team stays together for next season plus a few additions.

That getting rid of the deadwood high earners milking the club’s finances dry will raise enough money clear our debts.

That Dan James stays another season.

That we can figure out how to counteract the high press.

That we can sort out our weaknesses at set pieces.

Attn. Kevin
“This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred”
I keep on getting this message and losing whatever I’m writing about as the web page reloads, is there an ongoing fault on this site?
I now tend to write in “Notes” on my iPad then copy and paste my post into this forum.

Attn. Kevin
“This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred”
I keep on getting this message and losing whatever I’m writing about as the web page reloads, is there an ongoing fault on this site?
I now tend to write in “Notes” on my iPad then copy and paste my post into this forum.

Here's the response I've had Keith:

What he needs to do is click the button on the right hand
upper corner start a new thread.

If he is using the quick start a thread just at the top of the thread
list, it will refresh.

Any problems let me know.