Ipswich v Gills | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ipswich v Gills

I don't know about losing patience with him, exactly, but I think it's pretty clear Akinde has slipped down the pecking order behind Samuel and Oliver, hence him only getting cameo substitute appearances and games like this.
And i believe him to be the second highest earner.

We’re you watching the same game? I thought we played well but score line was disappointing - especially as we were playing a second string.

We managed to string a lot of passes together and played some neat triangles in dangerous parts of the field.

The possession stats were very misleading. I thought we had good possession in the Ipswich half. By contrast, Ipswich’s possession was all in their own half.

The young’uns did well. Woods was solid. Walsh didn’t really put a foot wrong.

Medley on the left was outstanding - although should probably leave the showboating for further up the pitch.

The disappointments for me were Coyle who showed some good touches but got bullied off the ball a lot. And Akinde was a waste of space (again). Despite his size, he isn’t even a presence and needs to shed a lot of weight. I am surprised that BFSE hasn’t lost patience with him yet.

I thought that was a lamentable performance in a woeful game. My understanding is that, whilst we pretty much changed our whole team (playing a couple of potential first teamers who needed some minutes), Ipswich played players who pretty much aren't even in their squad - mainly youngsters. Overall that was a pathetic performance - a chance for players who should be chomping at the bit to make the first team, who couldn't be arsed to do so.

The game was woeful enough as it was - Ipswich scored a great first goal out of nothing and a second where Tucker was pissing about with the ball on the right, losing it and the winger slotting it in with both Walsh and/or the defender slack in cutting it out - other than that they created about as much as us, i.e. sweet FA. However, this was a chance for some of our younger/fringe players to step up and few/none did. If I am clutching at the straw at positives I'd say that Mackenize did OK, almost scored a good goal (very similar position to the first Ipswich goal - that may have been the difference); Willock looked to keep the ball well, without doing anything amazing (and yet again went off early - I'd like to think that SE saw enough to think he'll start on Saturday and wanted to rest him, but fear it maybe another injury); young Wood had some nice good touches without doing as lot. On the negatives: Akinde should have been all over this match to get his starting place back - he wasn't and was very ineffective with his only physical contributions being fouls; I've not seen a lot of the guy, McDonald, and to be honest, I don't know his background, but he looks way off the standard for GFC in terms of fitness and talent and looks a bit like a weeble - only SE knows why he was captain to start the match?

All in, it was effectively a practice match, so not too much to be gleaned from it and I'm not too fussed whether we progress from a pointless tournament, but I think some of out players could have proved themselves more tonight against a bunch of kids - let's not forget this is Ipswich's kids, who are in the same division as us, not Arsenal or Spurs!

I don't know about losing patience with him, exactly, but I think it's pretty clear Akinde has slipped down the pecking order behind Samuel and Oliver, hence him only getting cameo substitute appearances and games like this.
And we wondered why Lincoln, a club in our league, were hardly playing him and not fussed about selling him to a potential rival. Now we can see why he wasn’t a regular starter for them. I think his best performance for Lincoln was when he scored those 2 goals in a match just before he signed for us- I hope that didn’t bluff Evans that he would be a good buy, as it seems to have been an exception to the general apathetic rule.