Ipswich v Gills | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ipswich v Gills

Can’t help but think if we had Graham or Samual on the pitch we could well have been ahead by now. Willock does possess great distribution

Wasn’t it this competition that tried fining clubs that made too many changes from the previous league game a few years ago? I guess that doesn’t happen now then.

We were easily on top in the first half, but we've absolutely gone to shit now. Not even getting a sniff of possession.

Ipswich had most of the possession in the first half, but couldn't get it out of their back four. They looked a lot more dangerous in that spell up to the goal. We seem to have got back into it a bit now.

I know it's only the Paint Pot and a fitness run-out, but the disappointing thing was that we looked totally in control of that game and then completely let it get away from us, against a team fielding a load of 17-year-olds. I hope Willock is OK, because we've been rubbish ever since he went off.

I just bunged the commentary on for the last 20 minutes whilst at a loose end. They’ve just said willock went off injured at half time. It does make me wonder if we will ever see the best of him. Shame, the cameos I saw of him last season were good. Reading through this thread it sounds he was playing well today too.

That was a bad performance from us , couple of exemptions, but still floated long balls all the time, shocker, totally disjointed.

That was a bad performance from us , couple of exemptions, but still floated long balls all the time, shocker, totally disjointed.

We’re you watching the same game? I thought we played well but score line was disappointing - especially as we were playing a second string.

We managed to string a lot of passes together and played some neat triangles in dangerous parts of the field.

The possession stats were very misleading. I thought we had good possession in the Ipswich half. By contrast, Ipswich’s possession was all in their own half.

The young’uns did well. Woods was solid. Walsh didn’t really put a foot wrong.

Medley on the left was outstanding - although should probably leave the showboating for further up the pitch.

The disappointments for me were Coyle who showed some good touches but got bullied off the ball a lot. And Akinde was a waste of space (again). Despite his size, he isn’t even a presence and needs to shed a lot of weight. I am surprised that BFSE hasn’t lost patience with him yet.

And Akinde was a waste of space (again). Despite his size, he isn’t even a presence and needs to shed a lot of weight. I am surprised that BFSE hasn’t lost patience with him yet.

I don't know about losing patience with him, exactly, but I think it's pretty clear Akinde has slipped down the pecking order behind Samuel and Oliver, hence him only getting cameo substitute appearances and games like this.