Ipswich Takeover | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ipswich Takeover

They changed to a red strip for a season and they changed the badge.
Pressure from the fans led them to change back to blue.

I think the new stadium also had alot of red seats put into it.
Red is thought to be a lucky colour in Asia and the new owner came from Malaysia.

Hull wanted to change their name to Hull Tigers!

Can you imagine Norwich City being sponsored by Dunkin Donuts and changing their name to Delia's Dunkin Donuts?

People are aware who these potential new Ipswich owners are right? They’re pension fund managers in the US, who are taking out a loan from that fund (against the football club)

Sounds like a small after all the total is £17.5m., LBO. Small amount of own resources are used plus a larger amount of borrowings (from the fund or another lender) in order to pay Evans £17.5m.

Having put at risk say £5m (from your own resources), your intention is to get the club promoted at least to the Championship and sell it on for say £60m.
Pay back the £12.5m loan (from the fund or elsewhere). Leaving a return of £47.5m before taxes on an initial investment of £5m.

Think of this on a bigger scale re Burnley.

It should never be forgotten that very recently ITFC went into administration and then straight back out again whilst all of the surrounding smaller companies ( many self employed) that were owed money NEVER got a any they were owed and some went out of business.

Was it St Johns Ambulance that got stuffed amongst others by their Administration?

Bruce would have made a good owner for Binners. No wait maybe not as he could never have said ' good game good game ' :grinning::grinning:

Reactions: Rex
Agent Lambert has left Ipswich. Some think he is off to Celtic but I think his reputation is so low that he'd struggle to get a job in the conference.

So much for the clever man who though he was too good for us when Villa came calling . He now isn’t even good enough to be a League One manager

FFL.
I am not sure if he actually got the job as assistant groundsman at Diss as at the interview he was not able to answer the question about the grass being greener.

Rumour has it that he was going to speak to Culverhouse about being groundsman at Kings Lynn but there was an issue about working at ' the walks '
as it reminded the owner that he could well do that again if the Torquay head of maintenance job became available.

FFL.
I am not sure if he actually got the job as assistant groundsman at Diss as at the interview he was not able to answer the question about the grass being greener.

Rumour has it that he was going to speak to Culverhouse about being groundsman at Kings Lynn but there was an issue about working at ' the walks '
as it reminded the owner that he could well do that again if the Torquay head of maintenance job became available.

Likely to offer it to Basil I believe!

These yanks so desperate to buy the scum sure are taking their time....almost like trying to make a quick profit out of a derelict failing football club being propped up by the current owner pumping in £10m a year to cover losses...isn't actually such an appealing proposition after all!
Latest rumour from my Grandad (Ipswich supporter, other half of the family!!!) is that they want 78% of the club, but will provide "limited investment" in the club itself. :grinning:

Also absolutely hilarious that agent Lambert won three of his final four games, sacked him, and now they can't even get a shot on target against bottom of the table Rochdale :lol:

From the EADT article:

'Nearly all of any remaining debut is owed to the club's new owners.'

!!!

Reading up on it...it's plain daylight dodgy. They've setup a totally new "company" to own the football club away from their main investment fund, in the first line of their first statement they say they want to make a profit on the club (which is hilarious, Ipswich lose money hand over fist) - essentially gambling on a quick promotion, and selling the club on...and if they don't they just dissolve this new company of theirs and they move on with their lives and the football club is totally boned.