Ipswich support | Vital Football

Ipswich support

berksimps

Vital Football Hero
Thought it was excellent today. They filled the Stacey West and out-sang the 617 for good sections of the game. Easier when away and winning, but their team’s second half attacking performance gave little to cheer about. As we tramped out at the end, they certainly showed their appreciation of the Tractor Boys.

When we extend the Stacey West, I think the 617 should consider relocating there, so that we have a proper home end.

Thought it was excellent today. They filled the Stacey West and out-sang the 617 for good sections of the game. Easier when away and winning, but their team’s second half attacking performance gave little to cheer about. As we tramped out at the end, they certainly showed their appreciation of the Tractor Boys.

When we extend the Stacey West, I think the 617 should consider relocating there, so that we have a proper home end.
I think ITFC fans are so desperate they will cheer anything, even a scrappy win like that. Speaking to a couple of their supporters pre game and he said the Club and many of their supporters were still living on their past achievements 30/40 years ago and they need to realise where they are now.

They were excellent, but highlight of the match - apart from seeing Simon Yeo & Tony Lormor pass by on the steps on way out (should have got them on the pitch) - was a woman sat next to me, who misheard "You're only here for the Ipswich" as "You're only here for the biscuits".

She and her partner disappeared at half time, and didn't return. Maybe a seed had been planted and a double pack of custard creams was more enticing than the rest of the match?

Tbf they did make some good noise although I was rather amused by their anti Norwich songs. I'm guessing Ipswich have long been off Norwich fans radar. Rather like our Grimsby friends insisting the Sheffield clubs are their "real" rivals. 😆🤣
Living on the Norfolk / Suffolk border, the two sets of supporters do really really hate each other, makes us and the Cods look like a love in !

Living on the Norfolk / Suffolk border, the two sets of supporters do really really hate each other, makes us and the Cods look like a love in !

I went to their derby a couple of seasons back on the train from Norwich. A load of Ipswich got on at Stowmarket, there was a kind of no-mans land on the carriage with a few seats separating both sets of fans, and an eerie silence pervaded for 20 mins.

Once outside the station the police sent both sets of fans in opposite directions and then the abuse started.

It isn’t called the Old Farm derby for nothing!
:rofl:

It’s difficult, but I certainly think a full away end gives well supported teams an advantage when we don’t have a “Home End”. Guess I don’t like to see them being so loud and enjoying themselves en-masse in the sun as they were on Saturday.

Stacey West has always been the best side of the ground for noise when full (acoustics no doubt).

Having said that, they were loud as anything for 10 mins before kick off.

Were almost silent from kick off until they scored then cranked it up for the last 15 mins to half time.

Second half again almost silent until last 10 mins then really let rip.

And apparently Norwich ran away (seemed to be a firm favourite)

I didn't think their support was very good at all tbh, nothing during the game until they scored at all? I was expecting it to be a much better atmosphere than it was all round. I think if we had got the first goal they'd have turned quite quickly the way their season started.

I went to their derby a couple of seasons back on the train from Norwich. A load of Ipswich got on at Stowmarket, there was a kind of no-mans land on the carriage with a few seats separating both sets of fans, and an eerie silence pervaded for 20 mins.

Once outside the station the police sent both sets of fans in opposite directions and then the abuse started.

It isn’t called the Old Farm derby for nothing!
:rofl:
When I first worked in Norwich with a few of their supporters I could not believe how vicious they were towards ITFC , I thought they were putting it on, but I soon realised they weren't ! The Cods are our 'friends' compared to that lot !

Bolton Wanderers played their last game at Burnden Park in 1997.

I know....but where did I mention Burnden Park? I observed the Ipswich fans outside the ground were more civil than Bolton fans outside the ground despite there being more Ipswich fans.

Where does Burnden park come into it!

I know....but where did I mention Burnden Park? I observed the Ipswich fans outside the ground were more civil than Bolton fans outside the ground despite there being more Ipswich fans.

Where does Burnden park come into it!
You compared Ipswich and Bolton fans. When the latter visited SB they sang endlessly about the Burnden Aces . Davidimp commented about this