Ipswich Fan Comments | Vital Football

Ipswich Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Unfortunately they don't have a match thread and use a chat room instead so a shorter post than usual.

Top 6 is looking unlikely unless we really turn it round soon.

Can't believe we've got such defeatist fans. 78 points still to play for.

If you stand on your head we're actually top and called ɥɔᴉʍsdI. Every cloud.

Forest had enough chances to win 5 games.

Two seasons ago Forest only just survived on the last day. Fast forward a couple of seasons - look at their team now. Look at the quality that doesn't even make their 18. It wasn't that long ago I seem to remember them having a transfer embargo. So where have they got all this quality in such a short space of time? And how on earth do they afford it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43527262

Yet we all still wish he was our owner...

Forest are going to have a right go, Mendes club now, could be another Wolves. Or could be another Sheffield Wednesday. Chansiri came in, spent a fortune, and now Sheffield Wednesday find themselves in a difficult position.Sooooo much ££££ flying around in the league now. Mess of a league. ONLY three can go up.

All danger was designed and directed by the Reds’ right hand side, Darikwa.

Man of match Darikwa.

That was a painful and brutal remainder for us where we are in the football hierarchy. Forest having assembled good, competitive squad against poor, quality starved Ipswich. The game has perfectly underlined that difference.

We looked like boys against quality men during the match. Forest's supremacy was particularly telling in the midfield. Their footballing intelligence, way of passing. You'd love Ipswich to have a team like that and to be playing like that.

Travelled to the game with Forest fan from work. Asked him specifically what was their fans' main issue with their ex-owner Fawaz. The main one was selling best players and not always replaced them with similar quality. They particularly went mad couple of years ago when Fawaz following the sale of Oliver Burke to RB Leipzig never re-invested money. You sell your best players and failure to replace means a big struggle and that Forest fan reminded me but it ain't a rocket science. I've told him that if Fawaz was an Ipswich owner than the number of fooking idiots would be defending him and saying that he puts 6m a year to keep the club afloat and pays the bills.

Nowadays Forest have a Greek owner and they have assembled a good squad without spending horrendous amount of money. In Lewis Grabban they have a required quality to score goals in this league and that is part of the gulf between them and Ipswich.

The gulf between both teams was embarrassing today. Forest have an owner who have been backing Karanka whereas Ipswich has an owner who...

How we didnt lose by 6 or 7 i dont know.

The defence got rings run round them and looked awful.

First up I think Forest are the best team I have seen this season. Ahead of Boro who much like Forest took their foot off the gas when 2 up. Wba third best from the games against us.

Men against boys.

No shortage of ability against a Town team bereft of of any of those Three attributes.

The difference in quality was stark.

Their 2nd goal as described enthusiastically, showed the gulf. The chasm between us and most of the rest. Such a swift, sweet inch perfect passing game that ended with a simple tap in by Grabb’em.

Spoke to an Ipswich fan on the walk home.

They seem to be holding out all their hopes for signing players in January.

I did ask him whether he really thought his owner would finally put his hand in his pocket for players. He didn't really answer

Cheers CP not surprised they are more concerned with themselves than the opposition but always good to read complimentary stuff about the team and club coming from opposition fans.

Where Ipswich are now is a stark reminder of where we could and would have been (at best) had our ownership not changed for the better.

Good thread. It certainly underlines where we'd probably be if we hadn't been so fortunate to change ownership recently. The investment in the team is in stark contrast to Ipswich.

The 2-0 scoreline really flattered Ipswich.

Cheers CP - great thread as ever.

I have no idea how it was only 2-0 and some nice comments by the Tractors Boys.

Just need to keep this momentum, although I am worried that we are starting to accumulate injuries.

Two comments stand out this week.

Top 6 is looking unlikely unless we really turn it round soon.

:rofl:

Their 2nd goal as described enthusiastically, showed the gulf. The chasm between us and most of the rest. Such a swift, sweet inch perfect passing game that ended with a simple tap in by Grabb’em.

Agree with this, the 2nd goal was awesome. Don't know how many (if any) players weren't involved in that move. I know it started with Lolley playing it back to Pantillimon. A perfectly crafted goal that ended with Grabban tapping in from a yard out. Truly was a joy to watch it unfold. As close to a perfect goal as you will see in this division.

Good to see them nicking your Freds over on COYR @Calvin Plummer

Pity young Sniffer told someone off for giving you credit and made them edit their post

Can you lot go for one day without having to mention COYR?

Serious question, not looking for trouble OKD.

Although I don't post here much now I still read the forum every day, I am a Forest fan after all.

Can you lot go for one day without having to mention COYR?

Serious question, not looking for trouble OKD.

Although I don't post here much now I still read the forum every day, I am a Forest fan after all.

Just thought CP deserved to know that his work is getting recognition elsewhere, Sniffer, and it seemed strange that you wouldn't allow him to be credited.