Ipswich and Asda? | Vital Football

Ipswich and Asda?

That's the most cryptic opener I have seen. I thought it might have been a Daily Telegraph cryptic crossword clue.

Ipswich means trading centre near a gips - yawning estuary. Grimsby means Grimr's farm or settlement. Asda was founded in 1949 when the supermarket owning Asquith family merged with the Associated Dairies. Lidl takes its name from the surname of the original founder of the company which was Lidl. No links there that I can workout.

Ipswich means trading centre near a gips - yawning estuary. Grimsby means Grimr's farm or settlement. Asda was founded in 1949 when the supermarket owning Asquith family merged with the Associated Dairies. Lidl takes its name from the surname of the original founder of the company which was Lidl. No links there that I can workout.

Which is what i was thinking about.
But they all seem different types of name origin...geographical, company, personal name, and someone's farm.
So hmm.

Is this some sort of queueing reference? I.e. the same people who arrived at SB early morning to queue for Ipswich FA cup tickets might be the same ones queueing outside ASDA pre-6am waiting for it to open?