iPhone | Page 3 | Vital Football

iPhone

My main problem with phones these days is the size. Every Android phone seems to get bigger and bigger.

I'd be happy with the same top specs in a screen size of 5.5 to 6", but they're up to 6.7" now. It makes them hard to fit in your pocket.

It looks like this is where the iPhone does get it right, giving more choice.

Had a play with the camera. This is also much better.

No idea when I'll set up the apps and what not. Need a bit of energy. But might put a spare sim in first and get it ready.

Had a play with the camera. This is also much better.

No idea when I'll set up the apps and what not. Need a bit of energy. But might put a spare sim in first and get it ready.

I've spent the morning looking at which new iPhone I'm going to get. I'm thinking the iPhone 12 Pro. Is it more expensive? Yes. Have I had my iPhone 7 plus since 2016? Also yes.

I've spent the morning looking at which new iPhone I'm going to get. I'm thinking the iPhone 12 Pro. Is it more expensive? Yes. Have I had my iPhone 7 plus since 2016? Also yes.

Yes, as you know, said in this thread, I get the feeling they last longer, be more than happy if - as a refurb - I get 3 years out of this one, but bet I get more.

iPhones no doubt have good cameras and performance, but they still lag way behind in screen and charging technology. This is what i was saying earlier in terms of them historically being innovators but now just playing catch up. You still can't get 90hz (let alone 120hz like on most Androids) screen refresh rate, and Oneplus's batterary life and fast charging (both wired and wireless) kicks iPhone's into touch.

I guess what I'm saying is both have their pro's and cons, it depends which is most important to you.

My main reason for not wanting an iPhone is that all iPhone owners are chunts. :lol:

Yes, as you know, said in this thread, I get the feeling they last longer, be more than happy if - as a refurb - I get 3 years out of this one, but bet I get more.

Not sure if thats true now, but in the past Apples have been found guilty of intentionally clocking back processor speeds and battery life on older phones to force users to buy new models. Another reason I'd never buy from them the unethical fucktards.

iPhones no doubt have good cameras and performance, but they still lag way behind in screen and charging technology. This is what i was saying earlier in terms of them historically being innovators but now just playing catch up. You still can't get 90hz (let alone 120hz like on most Androids) screen refresh rate, and Oneplus's batterary life and fast charging (both wired and wireless) kicks iPhone's into touch.

I guess what I'm saying is both have their pro's and cons, it depends which is most important to you.

My main reason for not wanting an iPhone is that all iPhone owners are chunts. :lol:

I really want to respect Fear's wishes, and not make this an Android Versus iPhone thread, but when you make as much sense as you do, I have to agree.

Now, in my completely non-scientific study, I have seen a few pointers here. The people I know with iPhones have no interest whatsoever in the technology. It's just a phone. Whereas Android users tend to be engaged, and more excited about it all.

Iphone users have no interest in the advanced features of an Android phone, and I therefore suggest that's why they keep them longer. They just don't want a new phone enough.

I have a drawer full of old Android phones that all still work. I could quite easily get by with any one of them, but I want the latest processor. I want a 120Hz screen. I want an AMOLED screen. I want that excitement of getting a new phone.

Just my two pennies worth, and no offence to anyone meant. It's just horses for courses, as they say.

Last edited:
Yes, I really don't mind this sort of debate and info, I find it interesting - well, 'interesting' !!!!!!

I just wanted decent feedback at the start not the 'I don't like iPhones' with no good advice/reasons !

Just doing all the apps at the moment, might take the plunge and do the ios move and be done with.

All seems nice and easy and so think this will be fine for what I need. I really don't over use phones, as I have the chromebook when home and don't watch videos etc on a phone when out.

One of my other complaints about both Android and iPhones these days is how easy they are to set up. I liked it better when you took days to sort it out, not an hour!!!!!!

:censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor:

Not sure if thats true now, but in the past Apples have been found guilty of intentionally clocking back processor speeds and battery life on older phones to force users to buy new models. Another reason I'd never buy from them the unethical fucktards.

And yet those who I know use them, seem to have them a lot longer. Seen the same rumour about most technology and with my experience of Samsung (hence moving to Sony which was never the most modern of phones) is that they lasted 2years or under. My 1st sony was giving up after 2 years and this one, Rev Pete gave me, again, 2 years and the battery is going (we were - I say we, I mean HE - going to change the battery via whatever clever means he does - but it includes the chance of breaking the screen!)

So I don't think Apple are alone with this. I'm not a sudden convert to them, or indeed, against them, as I have always liked the ipods just hate how they replace them and dont make itunes backward compatible (I still have two of the original ipod classics, they were lovely, but I can't update them now)

I do remember mocking friends who had iPhones and they had to buy a case with an additional battery in it to get through the day. They certainly had a long period where batteries declined quickly.

I suspect with technology moving forwards, all phones will get through even the busiest of days now.

It's a bit like cars. Even the cheapest new cars are great compared to old models.

I really want to respect Fear's wishes, and not make this an Android Versus iPhone thread, but when you make as much sense as you do, I have to agree.

Now, in my completely non-scientific study, I have seen a few pointers here. The people I know with iPhones have no interest whatsoever in the technology. It's just a phone. Whereas Android users tend to be engaged, and more excited about it all.

Iphone users have no interest in the advanced features of an Android phone, and I therefore suggest that's why they keep them longer. They just don't want a new phone enough.

I have a drawer full of old Android phones that all still work. I could quite easily get by with any one of them, but I want the latest processor. I want a 120Hz screen. I want an AMOLED screen. I want that excitement of getting a new phone.

Just my two pennies worth, and no offence to anyone meant. It's just horses for courses, as they say.

You’re probably right, I’m an iPhoner as I want a slick phone that’s easy to use, stylish but I don’t want all the DIY faff. It just doesn’t suit me having to be more engaged in it all as I don’t really have time for it - literally and patience.

Plus I’ve turned into a ponce and always want the latest iPhone :grinning:

All set up, was easy to switch, all seems ok to me. Can't see the major fuss either way now really...! Just hope it works in the charging dock of the car now, lol

I miss the earphone Jack but the XR I bought second hand is working fine for me. 30 gig for £10 from Smarty is pretty good but I might dial down to one of their cheaper deals.

Got to look into the apple play app in the car, off the phone I can get it to play the albums, on the app in the car (display screen) it shows the album but doesn't play it unless I put into shuffle. Bloody things! lol