iPhone | Vital Football

iPhone

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Bit of advice. Not a thread for your opinion if you don't like Apple products, not interested, thank you!

I have always had android phones and always felt the price of Apple stuff is a bit more style over substance. However, having got all my cds (over 1000) loaded into iTunes, as I've always had ipods for my music, and the fact the Mini Cooper I have, won't charge the iPod (or indeed, my flailing Sony phone) I am thinking of going all in one.

So looking at the iPhone12 Pro - as I do fancy a nice camera and it appears to be one of the market leaders for that. The Sony phone I have has a decent camera but it is fairly limited eg you can't even switch it to black and white mode. And as said, the phone is starting to flail a bit.

iPhone.

I assume things like my android calendar, can't be exported, so I'd have to set a new one? Same with contacts, I'll have to re input?

I assume it won't link with a google drive to save things? Or does it?

The one plus I can see with them, despite my reservations, is they seem to be fairly resilient and last quite well.

I might wait for the iPhone13 to come out later in the year, to hope for a 12 at a reduced price.

But just wondering, from those who know, the pros and cons and the ease of transition from android or any warnings not to get an iPhone?

If you get a new iPhone, you should have the option to get an android to iPhone transfer app when you boot it up - but I'm not sure how to access it as I've never had to transfer stuff over from Android! But that app will take care of pretty much everything you've mentioned.

It's definitely a lot easier than it used to be - or so says my dad who is always switching phones!

With your photos, you could always just download the Google Photos app for iPhone and you won't have to do anything.

The Mrs always had iPhones but she got pissed off always having to pay for apps that are free on Android. I bought her an S10 for Christmas and she loves it.

I don't know that changing to iPhone is worth it. They have great cameras but all of the high end phones have great cameras now-a-days.

Starting to think sticking with android and just looking to get my music sorted off iTunes will be the way to go.

It is the price hike / style over substance that gets me with apple products.

Think you posted the wrong guide? This is the other guide. If you have it to hand, it would be great. Don't worry if not, I can google.

I thought you thinking of changing from android to iphone? That's what this covers, unless my brain is playing tricks on me.

Personally, I would just get all that music off itunes onto a hard disk, and then any android phone with enough storage can hold them all, permanently. My car bluetooths them over as well, so I assume yours will.

Yes, I was Heathfield... but you also mentioned:

You could also copy your itunes library to the android, following the guide below. I use an app called Pulsar to play the music. I've tried a few, and this one works the best.

The guide was the same as the previous post!

I know you didn't want this to be an Apple bashing thread, but just to point out it's not just the price of iPhone's that are an issue it's also the fact they are now playing catch up on tech.

They used to be innovative market leaders which kind of justified the price. Now they are atleast 18 months behind on the likes of screen tech, charging tech, etc. They do have good camera's though, although the Hassleblad camera on the new OnePlus 9 pro looks immense.

Personaly choice isn't it. I'll never move to Apple. Don't like the company and think the tech is inferior. I also think Samsung are way too expensive. I've stuck with OnePlus for 6 or 7 years now and see no reason to swtich. Premium tech at a midrange price.

I know you didn't want this to be an Apple bashing thread, but just to point out it's not just the price of iPhone's that are an issue it's also the fact they are now playing catch up on tech.

They used to be innovative market leaders which kind of justified the price. Now they are atleast 18 months behind on the likes of screen tech, charging tech, etc. They do have good camera's though, although the Hassleblad camera on the new OnePlus 9 pro looks immense.

Personaly choice isn't it. I'll never move to Apple. Don't like the company and think the tech is inferior. I also think Samsung are way too expensive. I've stuck with OnePlus for 6 or 7 years now and see no reason to swtich. Premium tech at a midrange price.

Yeah, wanted this sort of info/opinion mate. Just pictured the usual

'Don't like them' type posts!

I've decided against. I will stick with the Sony until it totally fails I think, then ask you all for recommendations on the best androids for a decent camera.

I also think Samsung are way too expensive. I've stuck with OnePlus for 6 or 7 years now and see no reason to swtich. Premium tech at a midrange price.

Had Samsung for years, found, more-and-more, that their batteries were pathetic, not even lasting 2 years at times.

I know you are selective with your technology, which OnePlus doo dahs would you recommend?

The Oneplus 9 pro is the latest and greatest model. Came out a few weeks ago. Not had the pleasure myself but as said, their only weakness all these years has been their camera's and with this one they've teamed up with Hasselblad (top nothc camera company who topok the 1st ever shots on the moon all those years ago), and from what I'm reading it's made a big difference.

Think the standard Oneplus 9 (not the pro version) also has a Hasselblad camera and will be cheaper.

I love Oneplus. Started from such small beginnings 7 or 8 years ago and are now pushing technology to it's limit. I'm pretty sure they were the first to introduce in-screen finger print scanners, the first to push the screen refresh rate to 120hz, and have always been way ahead of the game on battery charging speeds. They remind me of how Apple used to be, always pushing and innovating.

Cheers @DeanoVilla

One of the things that reminded me why I didn't like Apple stuff is the 12 isn't long since out, but a 13 is due out very shortly. Seems so ott.

ahh, well thats no different with Oneplus I'm afraid. New models every 6 months, seems to be the cycle for all phone makers these days.

I will never move back to android, I love my iphone. I've had my 7+ since 2016 and I'm now looking into getting a new iphone. With androids they started shitting the bed around 18 months after getting a new one. Don't know if this helps but knowing that I can have a good 5 years from a phone is helpful when it comes to the price. (I had a 5 before my 7 as well. I've been team iphone 2013)

I will never move back to android, I love my iphone. I've had my 7+ since 2016 and I'm now looking into getting a new iphone. With androids they started shitting the bed around 18 months after getting a new one. Don't know if this helps but knowing that I can have a good 5 years from a phone is helpful when it comes to the price. (I had a 5 before my 7 as well. I've been team iphone 2013)

Ah, that does take me back to the original thoughts, that they seem more robust. Agree many android phones go on the 18-24 month mark.

Ah, that does take me back to the original thoughts, that they seem more robust. Agree many android phones go on the 18-24 month mark.

If you use that logic you'd spend more on 2.5 android phones in the same time period for one iphones. And truthfully there isn't anything wrong with my iphone, I just want a new one with a fancy camera. My current phone has over 21,000 photos and 1,300 videos. :tophat:

I also have google drive and photos, I also use Amazon photos and music as well as itunes. The photos backup seamlessly to amazon photos and google photos as well.