Invitation | Page 2 | Vital Football

Invitation

With me too TT.

Sure he recruited Chris but even a broken clock gets it right occasionally, and much as he seems to be trying to create a ‘them and us’ scenario with HRH right now, I for one won’t forget that it was McCabe who brought HRH onboard in the first place. Another case of bad luck or another bad decision/ gamble? Who knows, I really don’t want to go there again, it’s all been said, same owd.

The fact that I now would prefer the Prince to be out of the equation in favour of McCabe though counts for nothing. I didn’t like Warnock at all, but bringing in Robson for reasons only he could know didn’t see me putting the bunting out, and neither did him bringing back Blackwell because he just happened to be free and available to replace Robbo and it’s now the same with him and HRH.

The Prince has shown little or no interest in the club almost from day one, instead using his ‘aids’ to give the impression of involvement. I suspect that he never ever planned it to be much different despite the post he accepted in Saudi. I don’t think he’s a bad bloke at all, but I don’t think he’ll ever be committed enough to own a football club at this level or above in the UK even if he had the wherewithal, and I don’t like the rumours abouting wanting to bring in his own coach.

So I suppose I’m in ‘King’ Kev’s corner for the for this particular bout, but I hope to God that it’s his final fight and he puts all his effort in finding a new fit and proper owner who can finally take us forward... with Wilder at the helm of course. You’re older than me Kev and your lads don’t really give a toss about United. Put thi feet up!
Good points GB, we must have been responding at the same time.

It's no secret that I want him and his family out of the club but, and there's one at least who won;t believe this, I want what's best for SUFC and that is more likely not to be the airport hanger on it seems.

Hopefully it all comes to a head in May and CW manages tocarry on developing the club and someone with the wherewithal to capitalise on that sees the potential of SUFC.

I'm also getting on and would love to see the Blades at BDBL again , but I made my stance, and hope that May's outcome sees NEW ownership.

With me too TT.

Sure he recruited Chris but even a broken clock gets it right occasionally, and much as he seems to be trying to create a ‘them and us’ scenario with HRH right now, I for one won’t forget that it was McCabe who brought HRH onboard in the first place. Another case of bad luck or another bad decision/ gamble? Who knows, I really don’t want to go there again, it’s all been said, same owd.

The fact that I now would prefer the Prince to be out of the equation in favour of McCabe though counts for nothing. I didn’t like Warnock at all, but bringing in Robson for reasons only he could know didn’t see me putting the bunting out, and neither did him bringing back Blackwell because he just happened to be free and available to replace Robbo and it’s now the same with him and HRH.

The Prince has shown little or no interest in the club almost from day one, instead using his ‘aids’ to give the impression of involvement. I suspect that he never ever planned it to be much different despite the post he accepted in Saudi. I don’t think he’s a bad bloke at all, but I don’t think he’ll ever be committed enough to own a football club at this level or above in the UK even if he had the wherewithal, and I don’t like the rumours abouting wanting to bring in his own coach.

So I suppose I’m in ‘King’ Kev’s corner for the for this particular bout, but I hope to God that it’s his final fight and he puts all his effort in finding a new fit and proper owner who can finally take us forward... with Wilder at the helm of course. You’re older than me Kev and your lads don’t really give a toss about United. Put thi feet up!
Some fair points theer Gray,alot more balanced than TT,but then that's not difficult is it?:giggle: King Kev's obviously med some rubbish decisions,Robson is/was the worst appointment in all my time as a TRUE BLADE,to be fair to Blackie he did ok results wise when he first took charge but the "Style" of football was poor,but his lowest finishin position was 8th in't Championship. Worever happens Tufty must stay in my view,i think he's doin a outstandin job for us,i'm enjoyin watchin our boys but i wunt say i'm satisfied tho.:giggle:UTCB

Last edited:
Some fair points theer Gray,alot more balanced than TT,but then that's not difficult is it?:giggle: King Kev's obviously med some rubbish decisions,Robson is/was the worst appointment in all my time as a TRUE BLADE,to be fair to Blackie he did ok results wise when he first took charge but the "Style" of football was poor,but his lowest finishin position was 8th in't Championship. Worever happens Tufty must stay in my view,i think he's doin a outstandin job for us,i'm enjoyin watchin our boys but i wunt say i'm satisfied tho.:giggle:UTCB
i think our home support is down by 2 or 3k because of this dispute between our esteemed co owners but i can see it going on further than next year and all that will do is hamper chris in his pursuit of premier league football which imo he would achieve with.good backing from the boardroom and make no mistake he will have many admirers in board rooms up and down the country i really fear these 2 will push him too far and he will walk away and that would br disastrous for the club utb ftp (especially on friday )

Its always nice to receive an invitation at this time of year - particularly when its to my favourite hotel on Bramall Lane :yes:.

Sadly I won't be able to make the AGM in December - was thinking of asking TT to go as my proxy tho :halo:..................anybody else due to attend?

Surplus " r " ?

I veery much doubt that anyone's heard it all where McC's concerned.

Ever wondered why the 'no bigger Blade' ( that phrase must hurt) was so happy to affload 50% of what he loves/ reveres/cherishes so quickly to a bloke who was he met by chance?

Because he loves the club so much or because wanted to get the monkey (that he'd created through his own incompetence) off his own back?

Play the post not the poster Rod.

There's no denying the 10 yr v 2.5yr point but, as we all know, it's not your style to respond to the points made just to (attempt to )denigrate based on your arbitrary scale of True Bladeness.
So ya slatin King Kev for offloadin 50% of what he luvs,yet you claim to luv the BLADES but have stopped goin to BDBL,PRICELESS.:giggle:I would think no BLADE has put more financially into the club than King Kev,that's just a guess tho.UTCB

So ya slatin King Kev for offloadin 50% of what he luvs,yet you claim to luv the BLADES but have stopped goin to BDBL,PRICELESS.:giggle:I would think no BLADE has put more financially into the club than King Kev,that's just a guess tho.UTCB
Rather than use it to denigrate me why not look at why he was so eager to offload what he purports to love?

Because of his own mistakes maybe?

My decision not to attend whilst we have an incompetent in charge pales into total insignificance when you're talking about what he did.

He OWNED the club outright I am ,at best, one of 30k or so who choose to attend , or not.

You do have something in common with him though, the guessing,

" I guess that manager will be all right, fingers crossed again"

His fingers must look like a granny knot by now.

Rather than use it to denigrate me why not look at why he was so eager to offload what he purports to love?

Because of his own mistakes maybe?

My decision not to attend whilst we have an incompetent in charge pales into total insignificance when you're talking about what he did.

He OWNED the club outright I am ,at best, one of 30k or so who choose to attend , or not.

You do have something in common with him though, the guessing,

" I guess that manager will be all right, fingers crossed again"

His fingers must look like a granny knot by now.
PRICELESS.:LOL: UTCB