Introduce Yourself!

KevinE

Alert Team
Everybody's welcome to join and post here on the forum as we aim to build up a good community so please introduce yourself in this thread!

Tell us a bit about yourself such as your name, how long you've been a fan etc.

Czech_Jack

Vital Squad Member
Hello everyone,

I'm the long-time Swansea fan from Czechia and only recently I have discovered your excellent fan site. I have signed up just today (thanks KevinE ;) ) and so I wanted to say hello and introduce myself a bit. You all here seem to be a nice big Welsh family :) and I think you should know something about the complete stranger.

I wonder how many Swansea fans can be in my country but not many (if any!) I guess (are there any foreign fan groups anyway?). My "relationship" with the SCFC started back in 1996 when I first played then the Championship Manager, now Football Manager game. In those days there was no Czech league(s) available in the game so I started to search for an English club I could manage and all I knew for sure was that it shouldn't be a Premiership club but rather a lower league club with ambitions to battle for promotions. Probably by the ordinance I have chosen... Swansea and it turned out be the 'love for the first sight' :grin: Since then I use to play for Swansea not only in the FM series but in the EA's FIFA series, too. As my passion for Swansea continued I started to look for news about the real-life Swansea and eventually browsed to www.swanseacityafc.co.uk. So that's my story, hope it's not too pathetic :crazy:

Swansea forever!

P. S.: Your favourite Welsh beer -> :beer: <- World's famous Czech Pilsner

KevinE

Alert Team
Welcome to the site and thanks for introducing yourself! Not pathetic at all just quite different that's all! Hope to see you posting more here.

Great to have fans from other parts of the world visiting!

Have you put yourself on our supporters map? If not i'll post up the link.

couchpotatoe

Vital Reserves Team
I know somebody from a different forum who tells a similar story. I think hes from Switzerland or somewhere around there and got into the Swans by managing them on Football Manager. I remembering him saying he liked our badge.

Anyway, Bonjour

Czech_Jack

Vital Squad Member
KevinE - 14/11/2006 22:45

Welcome to the site and thanks for introducing yourself! Not pathetic at all just quite different that's all! Hope to see you posting more here.

Great to have fans from other parts of the world visiting!

Have you put yourself on our supporters map? If not i'll post up the link.
Just have added my pin to the map and guess what!? There is already some guy in CZ (nick navrc_swansea). That's enough to found a proper fanclub! :grin:

sbrjack - 14/11/2006 22:52

Not pathetic at all , privítat to the forum
Hej, díky! (= Hey, thanks!) :tu:

couchpotatoe - 15/11/2006 00:45

I know somebody from a different forum who tells a similar story. I think hes from Switzerland or somewhere around there and got into the Swans by managing them on Football Manager. I remembering him saying he liked our badge.

Anyway, Bonjour
I always knew there must be more of us out there! :hihi:

bdazzler1 - 15/11/2006 01:12

eh czech_jack...are u the guy who uploaded that vid off me?..must be you, theres not many czechs on ere!
Yep, that's me. Downloaded everything, thanks a lot for your videos. :tu:

cyjax

Vital Squad Member
Hi there, i'm a Swans fan from a village just outside newport called Risca, been a jack now for 29 years, my 1st game was Chesterfield in the 78 season.
I am a season ticket holder in the east stand with my 7 year old son.
Hope to enjoy chatting with you all. :beer:

mattyjones

Vital Squad Member
Im Matthew Jones, i am 14 years old and i have been aswans fan since i could walk and talk my Dad took me down the vetch all the time, and i had 3 season tickets down there. Since we have been at the liberty i have been to all the games apart from the Mk Dons game last year ( ill ), this season i am a season ticket holder in the east stand. :tu:

briscoboy

Vital Reserves Team
Josh Williams.15 Years Old.Always followed the swans .Privileged to be mascot when we beat west ham in the vetch a long long time ago.Season ticket holder in the west stand this season and last and was season ticket holder in the last season at the vetch before then tried to get to as many games as i could.First game swansea-Scarborough!!! and scarborough were relegated!

CBS

Vital Newbie
Hello all you guys (and Girls).
One new dutch member here!

I Don't really know a lot about Swansea, but whenever i play a soccer game on the computer, I always start my career at Swansea.

Now I was surfing the internet and found this page. Let me learn!

So i was reading and had to react to PSV. That I will do in the right section..

So guys, learn me about Swansea... Hope to have a great time here...
grtz

Kenneth (Lelystad, Holland)

couchpotatoe

Vital Reserves Team
Welcome. Another foreign member who joins through a game (usually Footy Manager)

Swansea - By the Sea, South Wales (not England) not a bad side... um... Instant Custard is rumoured to be invented here. Bet a lot of locals didn't know that either.