Introduce Yourself - *Important* | Vital Football

Introduce Yourself - *Important*

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Been a while since we did any sort of roll call thread but this one is quite important as presently there is no 'who's online' feature and there is issues with logging in.

Be good to know who's able to get online and maybe provide a bit of background info on you or your NUFC supporting life for anyone that may be interested.

Old hack, first match away in 1966-7, first home game when Dad came back to the North East in 1976. Now boycotting Ashley. Have been known to campaign on occasions. NUFC heroes include Supermac, Fat Cass and Shola, the first who I would dream of being like and the others closer to my ability level. I can trap a ball further than an Allardyce defender can clear it.

I’m a blow in ex Cockney now a country bumpkin, have no idea where this avatar came from.

I'm here, been down here in Kent for 25 years now. Get back to toon occasionally. 1st match 1989-90 season was in the Leazes end seem to remember winning 2 or 3 nowt but can't remember who against. Then against Man U in the cup, was hooked. Haven't set foot in St James for 6 years now, not particularly boycotting but have no desire to go anymore. If was going to see them would go to an away game in London. Haven't done that for a few years now though.

Earliest Newcastle memories for me is being caught in the crush at the Central Station when the team came back from the cup final in 74. A copper lifting me and me Brother onto a wall whilst me Mam was being seen to after fainting.

My first game I vaguely remember aside from the usual cliches of seeing the green grass and smelling the burger vans or stale drink outside the ground, probably from the breweries but I know it was a dour 0-0 draw.

Me Dad used to take us into the centre paddock of the old West stand many times but we always stood in owe of the gallowgate in full flow and it was there where I attended my first game without any parent or guardian with me mates in 1984. One good thing about the paddock was that the kids would be passed to the front and the adults could hang around at the back in the knowledge that we'd be alright on the cinder track edge.

Me first game with me mates was Carlisle at home on Easter Monday I think and we won 5-1. The following Saturday we beat Derby at home 4-0 and promotion was penciled in. The next home game saw Keegan's last as a player and the Thursday after his farewell game. It was a truly great era to get the bug in.

From then on in it's been ups and downs. Hundreds of games later and the only thing id change if I could would be Ashley buying the club, the rest has just been a learning curve. It's not about boycotting for me anymore as it's an individual decision that benefits nobody but the person involved. It works for some but not for others.

55 years old, based in Crook (as you might guess) family from Gateshead. Supported the club all my life, it was my dads team. First game my dad took me to see Supermac. Seen some ups and downs (mainly downs).

52 years old; 1x Mrs Finn; 1x 3 year old pup; born in Blyth and grew up in the Sluice. lived twice in Lancashire; currently working in Preston and living in Chorley. Newcastle United fan and supporter from 1973-4 to 2012-13. First game v arsenal (09/73) (1-1); first FA cup game v Scunthorpe (01/74) (1-1); first away game smogs (02/84) (1-1); last game v arsenal (0-1) (05/13). All time hero Malcolm MacDonald. 40 seasons; 32 as a season ticket holder. Sat/stood in all areas of the ground. Hate Ashley with a passion but not such a firebrand about it these days and probably fallen out of love with the game altogether. Will always hate sunlun and not keen on villa. Like to look in here now and again.

From Sheffield originally,found myself at S.J.P. for the first time as a 17yr old on a flying visit with a few Geordies I'd met fruit picking for a weekend in 1972,think it was Norwich.Freezing cold.Some lads lit a fire in the Leazes End to keep warm & retreated into an L.S.D fuelled city had never seen anything like it,then back here around 5 yrs later.Fell in love with the city & club & a lass from Heaton.2 bairns & 3 grandbairn 's & a few dogs later have been to a handful of games this season despite the fat fucks antics,boycotted & demonstrated for around 6 years,fully understand why folk remain vigilant & keep clear,my agenda is around my eldest granbairn.Can still do a rainbow flick,fucked the scissorkicks off a few years ago.Tubby Out!!

50 year old exiled Geordie living in Ireland chucked my season ticket in 2009 and havent been back since. First game Spurs at home we got beat 5-2 but i fell in love with NUFC on that day. Had a couple of seasons pre Keegan in the 80’s where i done every game home and away then moved to London and couldnt get a ticket for home games for seversl years then got a season ticket in 2003. Will hopefully get back to St James’ in the future but not while fatty holds the keys.