Interview with Caroline Molyneux (SC Chair) | Vital Football

Interview with Caroline Molyneux (SC Chair)

Oh ffs sake not him again, get a job lad, i won't be listening to that shite!

I'm listening to it for Caroline, not Jay.

Honestly T&C, it'll warm the cockles of your heart (presuming you have a heart ... and cockles).

It's got some great insights.

I'm listening to it for Caroline, not Jay.

Honestly T&C, it'll warm the cockles of your heart (presuming you have a heart ... and cockles).

It's got some great insights.

Thanks for posting , started listening and it all sounds good so far.

Its also good to hear positivity coming from fellow Latics fans unlike some of the sad individuals who have been posting on here recently.

Another one at pains to reassure the owners how important the Warriors are to Latics and how we can work together. Yawn! Can a fan who isn't part of the inner circle let these people know that Latics and the gravy stained Rugby vultures are NOT OUR FRIENDS and NOT OUR PARTNERS!

Another one at pains to reassure the owners how important the Warriors are to Latics and how we can work together. Yawn.

If you've listened to all of that C_Latic, and that's the only thought you're motivated to post, then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

The worries. The persistence of the Bahrainis. The professionalism. The optimism for the future. Nope ... you pick a snippet about maximising the use of our main physical asset, and find a way to make it into a negative.

:slap: .

If you've listened to all of that C_Latic, and that's the only thought you're motivated to post, then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

The worries. The persistence of the Bahrainis. The professionalism. The optimism for the future. Nope ... you pick a snippet about maximising the use of our main physical asset, and find a way to make it into a negative.

:slap: .
The rest was great. But fuck the Warriors. Don't work with them, they are tenants not partners. The only contact we should be having with those pricks is a notification that their rental costs are going up.

The rest was great. But fuck the Warriors. Don't work with them, they are tenants not partners. The only contact we should be having with those pricks is a notification that their rental costs are going up.
Fair do. Hopefully, the new owner will have a touch more vision than that though.

Right, done. A really good listen. Tailed off toward the end to be fair, and was probably a touch long, but still worthwhile a listen.

Jay's needs to avoid the leading questions, where he's literally trying to place an answer in Caroline's mouth, and also skip the personal rambles - we want the info, detail and reflection from Caroline - but if that's the price to pay, it's worth it.

I disagree with her insistence that they'd do the same again, as I do think that comms could have been better. They obviously weren't happy (from her comments) with some of the stuff put out by the Admins, and so - within the restrictions, and notwithstanding the 16 updates they issued - they should have done a more regular one themselves.

Overall though, I'm just buzzing to get back in the stadium, and see where these men are going to take us. Upwards I reckon.

Done the first 20 minutes and will catch the rest in the morning. Very positive so far and very reassuring.

Made reference to previous interested parties not being enthusiastic about the academy - so I guess that argument about the Spanish wanting to downgrade it can be put to bed 😉

Good work Jay - you’ve secured some good interviews throughout the course of this nightmare. Nice professionalism when dealing with the admin ones, it can’t have been easy as a fan to maintain your composure with them.

Another one at pains to reassure the owners how important the Warriors are to Latics and how we can work together. Yawn! Can a fan who isn't part of the inner circle let these people know that Latics and the gravy stained Rugby vultures are NOT OUR FRIENDS and NOT OUR PARTNERS!

They share the town, a portion of the fan base, a ground and are a significant revenue stream to our new owners. None of that is going to change - so in reality they are effectively are partners regardless of what anyone thinks.

So we've got 2 choices:

Accept it and realise our clubs respective ownerships having a positive relationship is mutually beneficial even if we don't personally like Warriors.

Or continue to view everything through the lense of a grudge, unrealistically wanting our owners to cut off their nose to spite their face and be fed up when they don't do it.

Still trying to work out how these lot are going to make the stadium pay. only way to make more money out of it. Is to play more Rugby games on it. It’s never going to get international football games but will get rugby 🏉 ones.

It will be hard to make us break even but if we can get business rates reduced that will be a huge help save about 500k if I remember correctly. If we can get a decent stadium sponsorship deal, up rent and increase usage of conference and function rooms, maybe get a concert, rugby internationals etc it will all chip away at the loss. I imagine the new guys will have some ideas about what could be done. It might take time and work but we should be able to at the very least significantly reduce the annual loss.

Its sounding a little like the government's language towards the EU right now - same gravy - say one thing know another 🙄

What does sound very promising is the club are going to lead forward and organise a supporters voice within the club. My thoughts are they should present the plans for what they'll do going forward and see if people want the donation back, as its really being used for a completely different purpose.

Jay asked some very good questions.