Internet friendships! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Internet friendships!

As someone who works on people's laptops all day that comment makes me shudder Deano.

Villan Of The North - 1/10/2013 08:11

Internet friendship..........is that just a modern term for imaginary friend? :56:
QUOTE//

I married my imaginary friend VOTN. He doesn't feel very imaginary, especially when he is nagging. LOL

Wurzel - 1/10/2013 11:00

As someone who works on people's laptops all day that comment makes me shudder Deano.

Don't know why Wurzel. Though you probably only see the negative side. Loads of people I know who have met on line, married had family, gained friends etc, just like I did with Mr K & Deano with his lass.

Glad I am not the only 1 who met their soul mate online in VV

randy.stand - 30/9/2013 22:42

Think when a few of us met up in Brindley Place when Brownie was over in the UK and went for a curry afterwards was a lovely day! Really enjoyed it.

It really was a lovely day! Vital Villa has been an incredibly important place for me--it's where I met some of my favorite people in the world, and through Vital, those friends, and especially the Fear I launched a research agenda that has proven to be quite successful. Through that research I met my husband, and we now have two small children. So really, Vital Villa changed my life--for real!

It changed mylife too. I used to be clever with the whole world in front of me.

Now I'm dumb, with you bunch of numpties in front of me.

:-)

villabrownie - 1/10/2013 15:24

Think when a few of us met up in Brindley Place when Brownie was over in the UK and went for a curry afterwards was a lovely day! Really enjoyed it.

It really was a lovely day! Vital Villa has been an incredibly important place for me--it's where I met some of my favorite people in the world, and through Vital, those friends, and especially the Fear I launched a research agenda that has proven to be quite successful. Through that research I met my husband, and we now have two small children. So really, Vital Villa changed my life--for real!

That sounds like one of those in house videos companies create when they are trying to advertise themselves. Fear, get on that! :1:

DeanoVilla - 1/10/2013 15:35

It changed mylife too. I used to be clever with the whole world in front of me.

Now I'm dumb, with you bunch of numpties in front of me.

:-)

And yet we still love your cardigan-wearing, mimosa-drinking self, Deano!

Internet friendships are great, its rare that you just go up and start chatting in a bar unless you knew somebody..Yet online you can chat to all sorts of characters - ive had some great conversations in the past with a few football celebrities old and new - they too have taken to internet friendships, I could even name a few that are online way too much(but I wont).

I also think it is great that people have met up on here and have made long term friendships, its a decent Villa community from all walks of life. I dont dislike anyone on here and have time for anyone.

Green Tea - 1/10/2013 17:03

Internet friendships are great, its rare that you just go up and start chatting in a bar unless you knew somebody..Yet online you can chat to all sorts of characters - ive had some great conversations in the past with a few football celebrities old and new - they too have taken to internet friendships, I could even name a few that are online way too much(but I wont).

I also think it is great that people have met up on here and have made long term friendships, its a decent Villa community from all walks of life. I dont dislike anyone on here and have time for anyone.

I love you too GT! :94:

I always say that if Tom Hanks can have a meaningful relationship with a Volleyball called Wilson in the film Cast Away, then getting emotional support and an open ear from an avatar, which at least seems to be able to pass the Turing test, is perfectly excusable, even if you feel like a character out of a science fiction story as you type.

And, I understand that some messages are actually answered by real people.

it was great, mainly because Deano wasn't there.

OnMeHeadFred - 1/10/2013 19:08

I always say that if Tom Hanks can have a meaningful relationship with a Volleyball called Wilson in the film Cast Away, then getting emotional support and an open ear from an avatar, which at least seems to be able to pass the Turing test, is perfectly excusable, even if you feel like a character out of a science fiction story as you type.

And don't forget the role of the internet on Tom's love life in You've Got Mail :17:

Its weird i used to be out every weekend and down the pub in the week after work before the kids came along with my old mates, then as soon as the kids are here BAM life changes no longer see old mates and get pizzed down the pub and play some pool no now its modern term is slavery lol so to some on here and talk Villa and have a laff is good for me and probabaly stops me flipping and walking round the estate with a sawn off shotting at some hoodies lol

Trekker - 1/10/2013 23:25

it was great, mainly because Deano wasn't there.

The great thing about internet friendships is you can end them simply with an emoticon.

Thus.... :161:

Villan Of The North - 2/10/2013 04:55

OnMeHeadFred - 1/10/2013 19:08

And don't forget the role of the internet on Tom's love life in You've Got Mail :17:

Good call.

You've Got Mail was a remake of The Shop Around The Corner, which was based on the idea that people are different in person than in their email/letters.

Which references back to the thread.

Which is a credit to the Vital algorithm.