Internet friendships! | Vital Football

Internet friendships!

SKEGGY

Bringer Of The Seasons
I'm not on about the seedy stuff or anything but the type of friendship forged on forums, such as this. Do you value friendships forged on here as proper ones?

Had plenty of them over the years from previous sites Skeggy. Alot of ours were forged through the mobile internet which was all the age at the beginning of the last millennium. Got some good friends from them and a fabulous Hubby too.

Yes I met Mr Kefkat through wap world. Many of us who went on as isolation issues especially us single Moms'. Many that went on like Mr K not through that but just got the new phone and it was like 'what's this'

We were friends first. We met and it went from their. A professional said to me (I was in the middle of what would have to be considered as in the top 5 of the divorce from hell) said to me 'you must be careful meeting people on-line. You never know how they might turn out it's very dangerous.

After I picked myself from the floor laughing I said 'where did I meet the man I am trying to divorce?' He said 'I don't know-where?' I said 'in a flipin nightclub in Sutton Cold Field, in a type of place you would consider normal and look how that turned out as that is the reason we are here today.' That shut them up.

You have to be careful where you meet anyone: Loads of nutters around. Yes we both still have good friends from wap days now on FB etc.

You Skeggy? Where are you with all this?

P.S. When we got married the registrar in 2007 told us she sees about 5 people a week who meet through the internet.

I reckon internet friendships are probably in many aspects more open than the more conventional types. How many times have we solved Deanos sex and fashion problems?

Talk about this years ago and you'd have been a freak, but yes, from this site I've a few close friendships I value. Computers opened up a whole new world to me in fact, thank goodness I talked myself into getting one 13 odd years ago, I wasn't sure I'd find anything to do on it, but it's ended up getting me mates, including some worldwide ( and one in Skeggness!) plus a business.

Friendship is a broad church and I think it can encompass people we've only ever "met" on the internet. I have got to meet quite a few Vital Villans in "real life". I've got on well with all of them. There are some that I'd feel a bit closer to. That's how it works when you first get to know people by more conventional means as well.
It's as legitimate way of meeting people as eyeing a good looking lassie up at a dance before eventually summoning up the courage to ask her onto the floor and taking it from there (as I did back in 1966 with the present Mrs BBJ).

Yes, agreed, some people I've not met in the real world and possibly never will who are good friends.

Luckily seldom had any disappointments I've met in the real world either. I did used to worry early days when a fee of us met, if we hadn't got on the forum could have been ruined lol

This was something I was pondering earlier today, funnily enough.

I was thinking back a few years, about how Prep and I used to argue about everything, and today I realised I actually quite like him (not that I will ever admit this in public).

Extending this, I feel like Fear, BBJ, Grizzly, Kefkat, VOTN, Wurzel Rosetta, Kiwi, Clive Matty and others have had a huge positive effect on my life, and I like to think that if we lived closer and actually met, we would be friends.

There are some that give me negative vibes, but by far these are outweighed by the positives.

I was thinking back a few years, about how Prep and I used to argue about everything, and today I realised I actually quite like him (not that I will ever admit this in public).

You can edit your own post but not mine :3:

How many threads give the lead up to 'I don't like any of you' before it gets tiring as a joke?

18 threads ago maybe? :10:

Well ive already said i would luv to meet up with the Vital Villans after a game or before a game for a beer but no reply, don't worry i know when im not wanted :5:

mike_field - 29/9/2013 22:48

You can edit your own post but not mine :3:

You made that up!!!! I never said it!!!! You git!!! :93:

When i first came on this site i was a bit different argumentative and used to get really wound up over any debate but i have learnt to look at both sides of the coin in a debate and im not always right, oh and im a lot thicker than i realised lol

Heath your a good lad you stick to your guns on this sustainable Villa model and imo we could have done with you in the boardroom when MoN was here lol, good bunch on here no doubt and we all care for the same thing in life our Villa thats why its like a second home to me and i honoured to have shared time and debates and laffs with you lot on here hopefully many more to come!

ClivetheVillan - 29/9/2013 23:38

Heath your a good lad you stick to your guns on this sustainable Villa model and imo we could have done with you in the boardroom when MoN was here lol, good bunch on here no doubt and we all care for the same thing in life our Villa thats why its like a second home to me and i honoured to have shared time and debates and laffs with you lot on here hopefully many more to come!

Maybe in the future we'll get some drinks in Clive :7:

I don't think it matters where a friendship starts, it's how it develops thats important.

Whether you first meet in a bar, in a class room, on a golf course or in an internet forum is besides the point, the friendship will still grow in the same way from then on if you both get along well and share the same interests.

When I first met Fear on here I thought he was a 21 year old leggy blonde woman masquerading as an ugly, fat bald man from Redditch. I'd heard about people on the internet making new identities for themselves.

Imagine my dissapointment when we met for the first time and he actually was an ugly, fat bald man from Redditch.

I've maintained the friendship out of sympathy ever since.

:19:

And for some reason I'm not singing sympathy for the devil...

Deano is just a meanie.

Well I have only met a few off this site when we met up at VMF and I still don't have a clue who was who apart from the distinguishing features like baldness and cardigans.

It is surprising to me how close you feel to people you have never met .