Internationals | Vital Football

Internationals

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Something that I mentioned around two weeks ago - we could be without Mclean, Hanley, Giannoulis, Aarons, Skipp, Placheta, Barden. Also, Hernandez could also miss the game as he is going to be playing for Cuba in Cuba on the Sunday giving him 4 days to get back, recover and then play. These guys could be playing two games in the space of three days and then 3 days later could play for us which is unlikely.

You can also bet that Pukki will be missing as Finlad will pick him. Krul might even be called up again too. Soto I think will also be with the US u23 squad too so not going to be around and Idah will probably be out injured unless he gets fit quicker than expected.

The club are now looking at possible solutions, including flying those players affected straight up to Manchester before collecting them en-route to Deepdale.

This is because they are all in their respected international sides that play two days before we play against PNE. We did ask for the match to be moved but apparently AN and PNE rejected the request - if that is the reason the game wasn't moved that is ridiculous.

If this is the case then you'd hope we'd have picked up 6 more points and the pressure might be off a little and we could play some fringe players who should still be good enough.

So with the thoughts that Krul and Pukki will be missing too it will could be:

Nyland - Mumba - Zimmermann - Gibson - Xavi - Rupp - Sorensen - Cantwell - Dowell - Emi - Hugill

subs

McCracken - Vrancic - Stiepermann - Tettey - Martin (if fit) - Dickson Peters - Omobamidele

I imagine DF will not pick a full 9 on the bench.

Cantwell called up to the England u21 squad so another player who could miss out against PNE

Nyland called up to Norway squad.

Krul, nyland, barden all away. McGovern injured. So it could be McCracken in goal but I think krul and nyland should be involved for PNE

As Skipp has said , he will do his best by country and club .....if it has to be done and play on the Friday v PNE , then the players will just get on with it and give their best

Sounds like Timmy Krul had a bad night .... beaten 3 times from distance and failed to save the pen

I watched the Finland v Bosnia H game last night and Pukki took his goals brilliantly, but missed 3 other golden opportunities, but I guess 2 goals out of 5 really good chances is‘nt too bad