International Lefthanders day | Vital Football

International Lefthanders day

Melon Donkey

I am a little bit perplexed
Today is the day where we celebrate all things left hand.

Yes. Today the 13th of August is International Lefthanders day where people like me are celebrated for our uniqueness and to raise awareness of the prejudice and difficulties we encounter.
Such as, tables always being laid with the cutlery set for right handed people, or pens used to sign receipts at cash desks always being on the right so you have to reach the attached metal chain across the desk.
Today is the day where I will give my left hand the day off !:wub::giggle:. I am though very ambidextrous. Which is fun.

Notable left handed people:

Melon Donkey
Sir Paul McCartney
Barrack Obama
David Bowie
Bill Gates
Napoleon
Bart Simpson
Charlie Chaplin
Tom Cruise
Chewbecca
Our very own Prince William
John McEnroe
Maradona (it's obvious look at that picture we all know and hate !!).
Jack the Ripper ( marginally a nicer person than Maradona)
Julian Clary
Winston Churchill
Noel Gallagher.

Hopefully there are a few more vital villans who are like me, very special.

Count me in.

As is Jack Nicklaus.

Ben Hogan was also left handed.

Although all 3 of us play/ed golf Right handed!!!

I too am a proud leftist, and it is about time the institutional discrimination and stigma be consigned to the dustbin. Treatment should be offered by the NHS for those lefties trapped in the body of a right hander. We also here plenty about the feminist, buhka wearing, pre op transgender , right handed folk, but very little from the feminist, buhka wearing,pre op transgender, leftist. Time for this discrimination to stop. Now.

:clap::bow:

No cutlery rage from me if were I invited for dinner at Sir Dennis Towers !.

As it happens, I can eat my main course "right handed" but the spoon for soup and dessert is always held in my left fist.

Last edited:
Mr KK
Ms KK
Mr 2nd son and 3rd adult child KK
Mr youngest son KK

(all swing with the left) Yup 3 out of 4 of our youngsters are left handed. I am not to confirm

I'm also left-handed plus left footed and even if I held a single telescope up to my face I would automatically look through with my left eye.:hmmm::grinning: