International Call Ups | Vital Football

International Call Ups

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Without really touching on Slimani being called up for Algeria and the fact he hasn't played for us, there are other players being mentioned for call ups.

Jonjo Shelvey and Jamaal Lascelles have been mentioned for England but id rather they kept well away for various reasons.

Paul Dummett deserves the most plaudits for turning down the chance to be called up for Wales by telling Ryan Giggs he wants to stay involved with us to focus on our relegation battle.

No call ups for Lascelles and Shelvey.No doubt the players will be gutted as with those called up being shite they will feel hard done by.
From a selfish point of view I am over the moon they have been overlooked.Keep them here.Our luck would be if they got a call they would get injured and it would be us to suffer in the run in.

Shelvey and Lascelles must be gutted when they look at the squad announced, as they are at least on a par with some named in it.
From a biased point of view i hope it focusses them more if possible for the club.

Dummett is the homegrown talent i love, quietly goes about his business. He has come through some tough times and is winning fans over, long may it continue. Kudos to him for staying as opposed to going with the national team.

I would rather our players were not called up. We need their full attention. I wonder how long it will be before clubs offer their players a bonus to give up international football. Might already be happening on the quiet.