International Break Thread | Vital Football

International Break Thread

Rising

Alert Team
KDB came off with a bit of an injury and I haven't been able to find anything about this. He doesn't appear on Physioroom (yet).
I wonder if he (and Vince) will be made to turn out for Belgium. Martinez doesn't give a monkeys for City.

All international managers have their own agendas and I can understand players wanting to turn out for their countries and so I do wonder whether pressure is applied to an ‘open door’ & so players with injuries are inclined to try and play through problems.

Vinnie has been sent back to Manchester by the Belgians following their assessment.

Can't find anything on DeBruyne apart from speculating, glass half fullers reckon it was just cramp at the end of Chelsea game. I think Belgium are training today so I'm sure if he missed that we'll know soon enough.

Bluedub - 2/10/2017 16:26

Vinnie has been sent back to Manchester by the Belgians following their assessment.

Can't find anything on DeBruyne apart from speculating, glass half fullers reckon it was just cramp at the end of Chelsea game. I think Belgium are training today so I'm sure if he missed that we'll know soon enough.

If he could feel it going, he would be as well coming off and if that is the case I hope Belgium do not play him if they do not have to, ie it's a 'meaningless friendly' BD®™

Afaik they're qualifiers Buzz but as Belgium have already qualified they are dead rubbers so no need for Martinez to risk anyone if they have any ailments.

Meanwhile Delph has been sent back to City with a muscle strain.

Belgium had an open training session today and I'm sure thats DeBruyne's barnet on the far left of the first pic next to Batshuyai.

https://twitter.com/BelRedDevils/status/914899036754382850

Bluedub - 2/10/2017 19:11

Afaik they're qualifiers Buzz but as Belgium have already qualified they are dead rubbers so no need for Martinez to risk anyone if they have any ailments.

Meanwhile Delph has been sent back to City with a muscle strain.
Very sad for Delph... terrible news

^ Physio room has Delph down as a hammy, no return date. Hope it's just a tweak and not a tear.

International breaks are a let down for me now. England are stale and the injuries we accrue aren't worth the hassle. I know I'm a killjoy :005:

johnkelv - 2/10/2017 23:20

^ Physio room has Delph down as a hammy, no return date. Hope it's just a tweak and not a tear.
Competitive football seems to be the equivalent of Kryptonite to Delph - he just appears incapable of staying near it long enough before breaking down :017:

Skoorb - 3/10/2017 06:56

johnkelv - 2/10/2017 23:20

Competitive football seems to be the equivalent of Kryptonite to Delph - he just appears incapable of staying near it long enough before breaking down :017:
Before he came to us from Villa he played 50% of the games because he was injured. Buy players with soft tissue injury history and expect problems, will we ever learn.

I've seen a bit of footage on the telly this morning showing KDB training with the Belgium squad and he looks okay.
Incidentally, a few days ago I heard a Belgian football expert on the radio pronounce his name "de Briner" (brine-er). Maybe we've all been saying it wrong. :006:

Rising - 3/10/2017 10:10

I've seen a bit of footage on the telly this morning showing KDB training with the Belgium squad and he looks okay.
Incidentally, a few days ago I heard a Belgian football expert on the radio pronounce his name "de Briner" (brine-er). Maybe we've all been saying it wrong. :006:

How have we been saying it?

De Broon
De Brooneh
De Brineh
The Brown
ar Kev

Or, as it happens, none of the above...

Straight from the horse's mouth...

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/heres-correctly-pronounce-kevin-bruynes-161128208.html