Interesting read from a Sunderland fan | Vital Football

Interesting read from a Sunderland fan

Nice piece, apart from the mistaken definite article before Priestfield. The the author is clearly living his dream in terms of travel and football.

I remember that game in 2004 and the Marcus Stewart hat trick that. Decent side we had out too, even able to leave people like Ageymang and Sidibe on the bench. Iwan Roberts one of our most disappointing signings though.

I remember that game in 2004 and the Marcus Stewart hat trick that. Decent side we had out too, even able to leave people like Ageymang and Sidibe on the bench. Iwan Roberts one of our most disappointing signings though.
We had tried to sign Roberts for a few years. But failed. Unfortunately we continued to try and by the time we did sign him it was a few years too late.

Ha ha! Wrong! He didn't join up until 1918, at which point Jerry packed it in. On completing training, grandad's unit was transferred to the French Riviera and then to Fiume on the Adriatic to observe d'Annunzio. Then he got out on compassionate leave when his dad died and he was the only breadwinner. On the whole, he said, he preferred the First World War to his life on the home front.

The definite article before Priestfield is employed by local television and is spreading. We need to be persistent and pedantic about this.

Interesting read and he will have enjoyed a good game last night with a spectacular Sheppey sunset as background. A 3-1 win for the home side, two penalties( one missed )and two red cars. I hope I enjoy tonight as much.

How?

It's no good just moaning about it on here. There needs to be some kind of campaign to raise awareness of this issue. Perhaps we should contact Scally. Or if he wont help out we should organise ourselves.

If we don't act soon it might be too late!

Last edited: