Interesting perspective... | Vital Football

Interesting perspective...

Yes, saw this. It appears she's managing at County League level, and it's interesting she's chosen to manage men's football at this level, rather than perhaps women's football at a higher level (in terms of the women's structure). We now have female refs so it will presumably be only time before we get female managers/coaches in the men's game - but I think it will be quite some time. Remember "The manageress" with Cherie Lunghi several years ago?

I don't know numbers, but women's football at the level of Lincoln Women still seems to be managed by men (including the Imps), although I understand we have females on the coaching staff (working towards badges?), so again I think it's only a matter of time

On a personal level, over the years I've watched a handful of Lincoln games - and would have been to two or three more this season if not for covid - at the end of the day it's watching a Lincoln City team. We went to a women's FA Cup Final at Derby a few years ago which was well attended. And I'm more interested in the women's game now, perhaps, because my granddaughter is playing U15/16 at a reasonable level

Shelley Kerr, recently Scotland Women's tean manager, previously managed in men's football in the Lowland League.
Highly qualified coach. Expect her in charge of another men's side again soon.